“Beautiful, romantic and wonderful experience!”
Review of Lord Jeffery Inn

Lord Jeffery Inn
Ranked #1 of 12 Amherst B&B and Inns
Victoria, Canada
“Beautiful, romantic and wonderful experience!”
Reviewed 24 January 2014

I had long wanted to stay at the Lord Jeffrey inn and I was not disappointed in any way! We were in Room 316 a queen suite and what a charming spot to spend 3 nights. Fireplace, cozy sitting room and bedroom and a lovely bathroom. The staff were outstanding in the inn and in their restaurant 30 Boltwood. Thanks to Andrew and Alenjandro for wonderful dinner service. The food at the inn is outstanding: creative and delicious! Not a negative thing about our entire stay; highly recommend; and can't wait to return. Better than ever imagined,

Room Tip: The queen suite in 316 is cozy and quiet.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
WHGGuestService, Manager at Lord Jeffery Inn, responded to this review, 20 March 2014
Thank you for your complimentary review of our interiors, service staff, and cuisine! We will be sure to pass your positive remarks on to the staff that you mentioned, as well as share with our Executive Chef. Thank you for staying and dining with us – as well as for the recommendations to future travelers. We are happy to hear you enjoyed your visit. We will look forward to the next one!

Amanda Malone, Catering Services Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
Mendham, New Jersey
Reviewed 22 January 2014

I was dropping my daughter back at college and couldn't drive home because of a snow storm. I stopped in at the Lord Jeffery Inn to see if they had a room available. I asked for the least expensive room they had but, upon hearing my situation, the manager upgraded my room to a King room with a fireplace. Did I mention that in addition to the snow it was the coldest night of the year? Sitting in my beautiful room with the fireplace roaring and the snow falling lightly over the town square outside my window, my unexpected stranding became a winter holiday. I'll be praying for snow each drive to Amherst from now on! The room was historic and perfectly appointed, the staff could not do enough to make my stay comfortable and the inn is situated smack in the heart of charming Amherst. Don't miss it!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
WHGGuestService, Manager at Lord Jeffery Inn, responded to this review, 28 March 2014
So picturesque! Sounds like it’s the best way to get stuck in a snow storm, right? So happy to hear that you enjoyed the room, and really got to take advantage of the coziness of our Inn. While there is something so peaceful about being tucked away in front of a roaring fire, watching the snow fall, we also love our front patio in the spring and summer, with the sun on your face while sipping one of Victoria’s cocktails. I hope you’ll be back in the spring for another Lord Jeff experience.

Cheers until then,
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 18 January 2014

Just back from another great trip to Amherst and the Lord Jeffery Inn. We have been twice since the restoration/renovation work was completed and the hotel facilities are excellent. The rooms are very comfortable and just perfect for the setting on the Amherst town green. Service at the front desk and housekeeping was great and we had drinks and then breakfast the following morning in 30 Boltwood and both experiences were top notch. Food quality and value is excellent, the room is nicely done and the servers were friendly and helpful. Excellent in town location for walking to shops, restaurants and the schools. Great outdoor space and fire pit for sitting outside when the weather is nice and nice indoor spaces for hanging around as well, including the beautiful fireplace in the living room off the main lobby. The Lord Jeff is a great spot and we highly recommend a visit when in the Pioneer Valley.

Room Tip: Both times we have had lovely rooms. One corner suite had a great fireplace and the room this time...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for visiting The Lord Jeffery Inn this past January, and for sharing your reviews with other travelers. We’re pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay, along with our all of our renovations, interiors, service staff, and cuisine in 30Boltwood. I do hope that you can join us again soon, especially when the weather warms up. You’ll really be able to take advantage of all our wonderful outdoor spaces and see all that our town of Amherst has to offer.

Thank you again for choosing The Lord Jeffery Inn.

Rhode Island
Reviewed 13 January 2014 via mobile

First off I would like to mention this place is great for a nice couples getaway for a night. Very charming and loved the fireplace in room. We paid a little extra for a queen room because I wasn't going on vacation to stay in a double bed. However I did stay in a double bed. I called the front desk to politely ask if we were given the wrong room as it did not have a queen. The person chuckled and insisted it was a queen. I have a queen at home and this was not a queen. Upon further review I noticed that we had a queen box spring with a double mattress on top. Very strange.

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
WHGGuestService, Manager at Lord Jeffery Inn, responded to this review, 15 January 2014
Dear mdias815,

Than you so much for choosing to stay with us while you were in Amherst for vacation. I hope you enjoyed your visit to Western Massachusetts. I also wanted to thank you for the very nice comments you posted about the Inn and its guestrooms.

I do have to say I was a bit surprised regarding the comments left on the size of your bed. I would like to be able to verify if there was in fact some type of mistake made during the installation of the new beds that I may have somehow overlooked. I would have thought after two full years of operations since our reopening this would have somehow be brought to out attention earlier but I thank you for doing so now. If you would be so kind as to give me a call to let me know what room you stayed in so I can go and possibly correct the issues, I would be very appreciative.

Thank you again for choosing to stay with us and we look forward to possibly hosting you again on future visits.

Robert J. Reeves
General manager
The Lord Jeffery Inn
Sarasota, Florida
Reviewed 1 January 2014

We loved that this inn was renovated to be cutting edge in terms of energy use (see the website for impressive details). The decoration maintained the colonial flavor, but updated it by the use of modern fabrics and a wonderful bathroom. My husband was fascinated by a window in the living room fireplace, and we were told that it was historic.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
WHGGuestService, Manager at Lord Jeffery Inn, responded to this review, 2 January 2014
Happy New Year!

Thank you for joining us at The Lord Jeffery Inn. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed all of our renovations, as well as the historical elements of our property. You might enjoy this recent article from Connecticut Life, http://connecticutlifestyles.com/lord-jeffery-inn-restored-former-glory/ regarding the technology and its specifics.

We will look forward to serving you again upon your next visit to Amherst.

San Francisco
Reviewed 26 December 2013

This is a charming property right in the center of the town of Amherst. There are many things within walking distance including decent restaurants, an indie movie theater, the Emily Dickinson Museum, and the Amherst College campus. Everything else you might want is no more than a very short drive away.

There are not many choices of where to stay locally and most are chains of one sort or another that, while not bad, completely lack charm. This little hotel is charming and its on premises restaurant is, in my opinion, one of the best places to eat in town.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Thank you for choosing to stay with The Lord Jeffery Inn, and dine at 30Boltwood. We appreciate you sharing your favorable remarks regarding your stay with us, and are very pleased to hear that our property is your number one choice when visiting the area. We’ll be sure to share your comments with 30Boltwood’s Manager and Executive Chef!

We hope to see you again soon.

Stratford, Connecticut
Reviewed 24 December 2013

Arriving at 2 am, we were greeted by Steve who was very warm and helpful. I loved how he had a smile on at 2 am, it is refreshing and a treat to see that. The room was excellent! The food was delicious. The town was cute and charming. We without question will return, thank you Steve and the rest of the very helpful family at "The Jeff," you made our holiday weekend getaway very merry!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
We are so pleased to hear that you liked your full stay at The Lord Jeffery Inn. We are lucky to have a wonderful staff, accommodations, and culinary team, and are happy to share this experience with all of our visitors. Even at 2 am, were thrilled to hear that your encounter was just as pleasant and enjoyable as if you arrived midafternoon.

Thank you for choosing to celebrate your holiday getaway at the Lord Jeff. We’ll look forward to your next visit, and in the meantime, will share your remarks with Steve!

Amanda Malone, Catering Services Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Amherst
Hotel UMass
Hotel Northampton
Hotel Northampton
#2 of 5 in Northampton
Fairfield Inn & Suites Springfield Northampton/Amherst

Been to Lord Jeffery Inn? Share your experiences!