“Can't say enough good things!”

Hop Brook Bed & Breakfast
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Amherst
Hop Brook Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #7 of 12 Amherst B&B and Inns
Montague, Massachusetts
“Can't say enough good things!”
Reviewed 12 December 2011

I can't imagine a better B&B at any price. This one is in a location that is at once central abd private/peaceful. Great space, decore, food and hosts.

If there were a ranking over 5 -- I'd use it! You can't miss with this one folks!

• Stayed December 2011, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 26 October 2011

I lived in Amherst for 6 years for school and was planning to go back for a nice relaxing weekend with my girlfriend after being away for 2 years. As we searched online for places to stay we were repeatedly discouraged, as every B&B we looked at had an old, antique-y, Victorian feel that really just isn't our style. Luckily we stumbled upon this gem of a place, set in a neighborhood a few miles from downtown Amherst. This isn't your traditional B&B as it is one suite that is attached to the house of the owner (Connie), above the garage. The place has a great design with a sleek, clean, comfortable feel, and the room is brand new (I believe she just started this Spring) so it is immaculate. The pictures on the website definitely do it justice... no smoke in mirrors here. A great feature about it being a single room is the privacy it affords, meaning no loud, obnoxious neighbors on the other side of the wall! The breakfast provided on Saturday morning was excellent, with eggs, toast, greek yogurt, fresh fruit, etc... The second night we were there we got in late and were getting going early the next morning, so we weren't able to put in a breakfast request, but no worries, the room was stocked with coffee and some of Connie's delicious homemade granola, so we could enjoy a solid breakfast on our own schedule. Overall I give this place an "A" for the rooms comfort and style as well as the proprietors friendly and gracious personality. I would highly recommend Hop Brook to anyone visiting the area and plan to visit there again myself.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
vashon island
Reviewed 22 October 2011

I made a last-minute trip to massachusetts and had a deuce of a time finding a place to stay. Hop Brook was one who did have a vacancy - and wonderfully accommodating. I had no information the place, but the email communications made me quite comfortable taking the risk - am I ever so glad that I did. There is only ONE suite and so you are catered to in your room, which has a separate dining area divisible from the sleeping/bathing by a shoji screen wall. Light, airy, spa-like colours, quiet, serene, and beautifully appointed. Their is a flat screen tv, airconditioning, and a bed to die for! Local fruits and breads with my morning meal. My every whim was met - details for site seeing, restaurant recommendations, and local activities that I might enjoy - even my favourite greek yogurt. Located in a lovely residential neighbourhood - it is quiet and safe, even with such close proximity to so many colleges. There is a walking trail through the trees nearby, easy access to the highway, nearby Northampton, and Historic Deerfield. I cannot recommend Connie and Hop Brook highly enough.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Amherst
Courtyard Hadley Amherst
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#4 of 7 in Hadley
Howard Johnson Express Inn - Amherst Hadley

Been to Hop Brook Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!