“Excellent food at a fair price!”
Review of Moti

Moti
Ranked #70 of 116 Restaurants in Amherst
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Persian
Reviewed 30 September 2013

We happened upon this restaurant when we were pressed for time. They were willing to accommodate our party of three on short notice on busy night. When we explained we were in a hurry, they told us the fastest items on the menu. Since we were looking for vegetarian fare, we were in luck. The hummus platter was delectable, especially a house-made pesto hummus. The rosewater lemonade was also wonderful--tart and fragrant at the same time. We had a Greek salad and a vegetarian platter. Our three dishes fed us well and gave us leftovers to take home. I will definitely return to Moti next time I'm in the Amherst area!

Reviewed 2 September 2013

We had a wonderful family dinner here. The decor and atmosphere were lovely. There were many fabulous dishes to share. The portions are not large and so we ordered hummus and baba ganoush with pita and sangria. The dips were delicious and the sangria was the best I have ever had. The lamb, chicken and gyro dishes were all very good, but our favorite was the sour cherry rice with chicken. It was amazing! The food is fresh and many dishes are organic. The service was excellent, although there is a wait for the food. Beautiful restaurant, great food and drinks and excellent service. I would also recommend this as a great spot to go with friends for appetizers and drinks.

Reviewed 31 August 2013

Made our second visit to Moti for dinner (after a positive experience at lunch.) Wonderful, fresh middle eastern menu with options for vegetarians. My daughter and I shared a Greek salad and the vegetarian middle easter dinner plate (hummus, falafel, stuffed grape leaves, Persian salad and rice.) We also had the special sangria of the day (with rose water and citrus.) A wonderful light dinner with attentive and friendly service.

Reviewed 23 August 2013

My daughter and I ate at Moti when we were in Amherst on a college visit. The restaurant is beautifully decorated in warm colors and the food is delicious. There are options on the menu for vegetarians and the wine list is quite good. What more could one ask?!

Reviewed 16 August 2013

My family had a surprisingly wonderful meal here. The atmosphere was pleasant with fun cushion seats and our waitress was extremely friendly. We were in Amherst on a college visit and she was a student at the UMass who was very interested in giving us great information about the area. The food was excellent: interesting, flavorful, filling, and many vegetarian options. We got a chicken kabob, lamb kabob, lentil rice dish, and vegetarian platter. There was lots of food so we all shared around the table which worked perfectly. I have absolutely no complaints...except for one: I won't be able to return because we live hours away. I highly recommend having dinner here!