“2nd Graduation dinner”
Review of Lumber Yard - CLOSED

Lumber Yard
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: An elegant bar with hand-crafted cocktails & live jazz music every Thursday night.
Reviewed 13 May 2014

The restaurant was very busy but very much in control we entered at 8pm and our table was ready. I was very impressed with the owner she was great taking the reservation and great presence at the door. We sat down an the waiter was right there and explained the drink (Great beverage list) specials we both had one and waited for the other two in our party to arrive. The waiter was great we had some issues with the two other guest and we did not get together until 915pm. The appetizer tuna board, pork belly and mussels where outstanding! Our entrees where equally great. Nice desserts toffee pie!! The wine list was nice but the server was great he dealt with our family issues and knew when to approach and when to stay away Will be back!

There are newer reviews for Lumber Yard

Reviewed 22 April 2014 via mobile

We had reservations for four people @7:00 and we promptly show to our table ... our waitress was great ... she was taking our drink order and our wives wanted a bottle of moscato but they didn't have any my buddy had a beer and I ordered a southern comfort Manhattan only to find they had none so I switched to makers !
My wife and my buddy ordered the range chicken , my buddies wife ordered the salmon and I ordered their steak and for an appetizer the mussels. The mussels were very good .. our wives were still deciding on what to drink when our waitress came out with a bottle of mascato, they were thrilled.
When the meals were being delivered my buddies wife was served her salmon first and the portion was extremely small, then my wife and buddy were derived their range chicken again extremely small , and then I was served my steak , well their was two huge pieces and vegetables wow my meal was great and the envey of the other three was very apparent. They said their meals we good but just not enough. Mine was perfect.... when the bill came we were s little surprised $220 and they were still hungry!!

2  Thank csb47
Reviewed 20 April 2014

Have always loved the lumberyard until recently, My husband and I (he is a meat eater I am a pescatarian) I have always been able to put a few things together from the menu and enjoy my meal however on a recent visit it seems that everything involves meat, other than the Johnny cakes the brussel sprouts and the miso spread there wasn't much else I could enjoy the celery root soup has pancetta, the mussels have sausage the seared salmon has a veg chowder with bacon, mahi mahi..chorizo etc etc. I realize some will say ask for a substitution however first of all some things are already prepped together and leaving things out ruins the flavor profile they developed I can make a piece of fish and veg at home I go out to sample something different. We had a cocktail and had to leave so I could find something to eat....hopefully they will switch up the menu ( my husband hope as he loves the food here)and have a few meatless menu options, I can only eat Johnny cakes so many times...

1  Thank kloMassachusetts
Reviewed 17 April 2014

Uninspiring location...near a rail station, albiet not a very busy one. Storefront. But step inside and the enjoyment begins. The decor is lovely, the food great and the service is all that one would hope for. Creative menu. Nice bar and bar snacks. We have been there many times and will return often.

Reviewed 31 March 2014

Jim and I stopped by after the movies Saturday night for bar supper. We had driven by the restaurant for a while, but had not stopped in because we kept forgetting about it. We won't forget it now!! The service is quite good, the bartenders are knowledgable and friendly, The wine list is quite good - has good range of prices. The food is delicious. We started off with the house salad which they kindly split for us. I had the chicken and gnocci and Jim had the strip steak. Both were flavorful, cooked just right and more than we could finish.

The atmosphere is delightful. Not stuffy, not too bright, and thankfully not too loud. Finally a restaurant that has purposefully accounted for acoustics. The overall design is clean and modern.

We will be back and often!

2  Thank Marty S