Amherst Inn
US$101
US$75
US$150
US$133
All reviewsemily dickinsonb beggsturret roomshort walkother guestsmy daughterbreakfast was deliciouspersian roomclose to townlion's denallen houseprivate bathnew englanddirectly across the streetthe location is perfectyogurt
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 17 July 2013

We booked this inn after searching the internet for places to stay during a conference in Amherst. The Amherst Inn lived up to its reputation for charm and beauty - an historical inn with antique furnishings and decor, beautiful grounds, and a very congenial, accommodating host/hostess. The breakfast was on time and exceptionally delicious! We felt very welcomed and slept very comfortably - the best mattress I've ever slept on outside of my own home. Will definitely go back again to explore the area (the conference kept us too busy to explore Emily Dickinson's house or any of the local museums/galleries) and enjoy Ann's gracious chit-chat. Thank you to Ann and her husband for making our stay relaxing.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 July 2013 via mobile

This beautiful, vintage B&B offers everything from privacy and charm to a delicious breakfast and reliable Internet!

Located in the heart of Amherst, this is a great place to stay. Highly recommended!

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed 1 July 2013

Really enjoyed staying in this cozy bed and breakfast. The proprietors were very friendly and accomodating and the house was incredibly charming. It felt like we were guests of Emily Dickinson. And the beds really are that comforatable. Slept like a rock for 9 hours!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 June 2013

We planned our New England trip to include visiting the Emily Dickinson Museum/Homestead. I was thrilled to find that we could stay at the Inn right across the street! The Inn was delightful and the perfect place to stay to experience Amherst. Lots of dining choices were in walking distance, there were two lovely outdoor areas (side yard and back yard) at the Inn to sit while my husband enjoyed his cigar. We strolled around the neighborhood at sunset, and enjoyed chatting with the young lady gardening. Our bed was AMAZING! Very comfortable with high quality sheets and coverlets. Windows were open as we arrived with wonderful fresh air throughout. Breakfast was charming with blueberry pancakes, herbed eggs, muffins, sausage, several juices.... I wish we were close enough to go there often. We will definitely recommend it!!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Marci O
Reviewed 3 June 2013

I was visiting Amherst with my son for the college tour. We had not planned to stay in Amherst, but having driven from JFK I was exhausted. I asked for a hotel recommendation at a local bakery and the proprietor said "Amherst Inn." I called and got voicemail, so I was a bit unsure, but 2 minutes later, Ann called me back and said that they had a room for us. The place was literally across the street from Emily Dickinson's home (exciting for me as a Lit major), and although I concede that the décor and furnishings would not be to everyone's taste, for me it was perfect as a love Victoriana and old crap. This place is full of old, heavy, dark wood furnishings ... it's very late 18th - early 19th century in feel. Think Trollope.

The bathroom en suite was tiny, tiny, tiny, but serviceable. The best thing of all was the BED. Oh my gosh, simply the most comfortable bed in the entire world. Although they kindly brought a rollaway in for my son, we ended up both falling asleep on the bed while we were watching TV on his laptop - the bed was that great.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family