“Lovely and friendly place to stay accoss the road from Emily Dickinson's house”
Review of Amherst Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Amherst
Amherst Inn
Ranked #2 of 12 Amherst B&B and Inns
Boston
Reviewed 1 December 2013 via mobile

My wife and I spent two nights here on Thanksgiving weekend, feeling like real "guests" in an impeccably decorated and exceptionally comfortable room (incongruously but handily equipped with wireless internet) in this spacious, beautiful Victorian home. Our innkeeper, Ann, was very friendly, helpful and welcoming and served us two delicious breakfasts in the similarly splendid dining room, where we enjoyed meeting and talking with other guests. We couldn't have found a better place to stay, and at such reasonable cost.

Stayed November 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Worcester, Massachusetts
Reviewed 27 November 2013

We planned our trip to see the play "Detroit" in Umass Amherst Fine Arts Center. They have such a great theater department, so I found this bed and breakfast on Tripadvisor. When I called to book it, Ann was very accommodating and pleasant on the phone. She gave us a charming Cyrus Room on the 2nd Floor. Her housekeeper Pam is just a fabulous person, who helped us out when we arrived on Saturday, 11-23-13. Ann made a delicious breakfast for us in the morning and let us check out later, which made our stay more relaxing. On Sunday we visited Emily Dickinson museum across the street, which we enjoyed very much. We'll definitely come back to Amherst Inn, when we plan our next trip to this area.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Cambridge, Massachusetts, United States
Reviewed 20 November 2013

A wonderful Period style Victorian with gracious, fun owners. This place is like stepping back in time and the beautiful surroundings such as Emily Dickinson's house across the street, the shops two blocks away and Amherst college also two blocks south makes this the perfect getaway. My wife and I stayed in the Turret room which I highly recommend. Ann and Alan are kind and generous souls and help you to feel like you're at home.

Room Tip: Turret Room.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Mansfield Center, Connecticut
Reviewed 11 November 2013

Excellent atmosphere, very interesting rooms, gracious staff, good food and right across the street from Emily Dickenson's house. Close to the center of Amherst- walking distance. Comfortable, quiet, very good breakfasts.

Room Tip: Steep stairs- if you have trouble carrying your suitcase, ask for help.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Hoffman Estates, Illinois
Reviewed 19 October 2013

I had a wonderful weekend staying at the Amherst Inn. My room was full of charming character as was the entire inn. The hosts couldn't have been more hospitable - I truly felt cared for and at home. The other guests were a delight and breakfast was good. I will be staying at the Amherst Inn again.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
Sag Harbor
Reviewed 1 October 2013

Dream B&Bs, should be more than a bed and meal. B&Bs evoke a sense of home, yet more than just a house, bed, and some grub. B&Bs that we dream of are magical, a home, but w/ more style, charm, and comfort than a cold hotel room, or a guest bedroom. If you agree, you MUST stay at the Amherst Inn.

Ann and Allen have transformed a New England Victorian House into a magnificent, elegant, and wildly comfortable escape from the ordinary, mundane world. Each room is meticulously designed, every bed is more comfortable than the next, and every detail throughout the entire house is tended to w/ love and attention.

I don't know these people's last name. I've only stayed here a half dozen times (our son is a UMass Amherst student), and I have no vested interest, short of wanting to spread the word of this very special B&B.

Room Tip: Bathroom sizes differ, and some are larger, others quite small. The room I like to stay in, #7, has...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Robbie_Vorhaus
Amherst, Massachusetts
Reviewed 23 September 2013

I stayed at the Amherst Inn the week school started because my apartment situation fell through. I was lucky there was a room available for me to stay at. Upon my arrival at Amherst, the host picked me up at the bus station, and offered to drive me around to look at apartments. At that point, I was more than happy to have a place to stay while school started, and finding my new place for the school year. I was so comfortable at the Inn I didn't want to leave. Full breakfast every morning, my own bathroom, a very comfortable room - what more could I ask for. At the end of the week I was able to find an apartment, but I keep telling everyone if they had guests in town, to make sure to give Amherst Inn a call. They won't regret it! Thank you Amherst Inn for such a warm welcome into Amherst and the school year!

Room Tip: Any room you pick I'm sure you'll enjoy!
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Amherst
Hotel UMass
Howard Johnson Express Inn - Amherst Hadley
Econo Lodge Hadley
Econo Lodge Hadley
#5 of 7 in Hadley

Been to Amherst Inn? Share your experiences!