“Review of Amherst Inn”
Review of Amherst Inn

Amherst Inn
Ranked #2 of 12 Amherst B&B and Inns
Reviewed 3 December 2013

I recently stayed at the Amherst B&B at 257 Main Street, Amherst MA. I have nothing but GREAT things to say about the house and staff. Pat and Ann were gracious hosts. They really take great pride in the property and taking care of their guests. The home is absolutely gorgeous. Being from Mississippi, I am used to seeing wonderful Victorian homes. This one did not let me down. I have traveled the world and this experience was one of my favs. Thanks again guys for making my stay an enjoyable one. See you guys on my next trip to the area.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 1 December 2013 via mobile

My wife and I spent two nights here on Thanksgiving weekend, feeling like real "guests" in an impeccably decorated and exceptionally comfortable room (incongruously but handily equipped with wireless internet) in this spacious, beautiful Victorian home. Our innkeeper, Ann, was very friendly, helpful and welcoming and served us two delicious breakfasts in the similarly splendid dining room, where we enjoyed meeting and talking with other guests. We couldn't have found a better place to stay, and at such reasonable cost.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 November 2013

We planned our trip to see the play "Detroit" in Umass Amherst Fine Arts Center. They have such a great theater department, so I found this bed and breakfast on Tripadvisor. When I called to book it, Ann was very accommodating and pleasant on the phone. She gave us a charming Cyrus Room on the 2nd Floor. Her housekeeper Pam is just a fabulous person, who helped us out when we arrived on Saturday, 11-23-13. Ann made a delicious breakfast for us in the morning and let us check out later, which made our stay more relaxing. On Sunday we visited Emily Dickinson museum across the street, which we enjoyed very much. We'll definitely come back to Amherst Inn, when we plan our next trip to this area.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 November 2013

A wonderful Period style Victorian with gracious, fun owners. This place is like stepping back in time and the beautiful surroundings such as Emily Dickinson's house across the street, the shops two blocks away and Amherst college also two blocks south makes this the perfect getaway. My wife and I stayed in the Turret room which I highly recommend. Ann and Alan are kind and generous souls and help you to feel like you're at home.

Room Tip: Turret Room.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 November 2013

Excellent atmosphere, very interesting rooms, gracious staff, good food and right across the street from Emily Dickenson's house. Close to the center of Amherst- walking distance. Comfortable, quiet, very good breakfasts.

Room Tip: Steep stairs- if you have trouble carrying your suitcase, ask for help.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 October 2013

I had a wonderful weekend staying at the Amherst Inn. My room was full of charming character as was the entire inn. The hosts couldn't have been more hospitable - I truly felt cared for and at home. The other guests were a delight and breakfast was good. I will be staying at the Amherst Inn again.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 1 October 2013

Dream B&Bs, should be more than a bed and meal. B&Bs evoke a sense of home, yet more than just a house, bed, and some grub. B&Bs that we dream of are magical, a home, but w/ more style, charm, and comfort than a cold hotel room, or a guest bedroom. If you agree, you MUST stay at the Amherst Inn.

Ann and Allen have transformed a New England Victorian House into a magnificent, elegant, and wildly comfortable escape from the ordinary, mundane world. Each room is meticulously designed, every bed is more comfortable than the next, and every detail throughout the entire house is tended to w/ love and attention.

I don't know these people's last name. I've only stayed here a half dozen times (our son is a UMass Amherst student), and I have no vested interest, short of wanting to spread the word of this very special B&B.

Room Tip: Bathroom sizes differ, and some are larger, others quite small. The room I like to stay in, #7, has...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Robbie_Vorhaus
Also consider these accommodations in or near Amherst
Hotel UMass
D. Hotel & Suites
D. Hotel & Suites
#2 of 5 in Holyoke
Hampton Inn Hadley-Amherst

Been to Amherst Inn? Share your experiences!