“Wonderful B&B in great location”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Amherst Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Amherst
Amherst Inn
Ranked #3 of 12 Amherst B&B and Inns
“Wonderful B&B in great location”
Reviewed 28 January 2014

The Amherst Inn is a warm and welcoming B&B in a great location just minutes from downtown Amherst. We were visiting Amherst to visit UMass Amherst and to see a cousin in a local play so location was very important. To be honest, we are not really B&B people and prefer all the comforts of a hotel; however, the Amherst Inn won me over. The room was very roomy and comfortable for me, my husband and my 17 year old son. We really enjoyed the fresh home made breakfast and meeting Ann, the owner. I would highly recommend the Amherst Inn to families visiting the University and/or couple's looking for a romantic get away.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Santa Barbara, United States
Reviewed 18 January 2014

Amherst Inn is an intimate B&B, directly across the street, from the Emily Dickinsnon's House, and a two minute walk from Amherst College and the town center. The rooms are charming, beds are great. It is everything a remodeled Victorian B&B could be. It is very quiet within. Ann, the owner is delightful.
We just booked our son's graduation day in 2015, need I say more.

Room Tip: We viewed them all, so we could have "the best" for 2015, but they're all great. S...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Mark H
East Greenwich, Rhode Island
Reviewed 12 January 2014

My husband and I just returned from a stay at the Amherst Inn and had a wonderful time! As soon as you enter, you are enveloped in warmth from the beautiful decor and Ann's hospitality. The bed was so comfortable too. I highly recommend staying here if you are looking for a peaceful getaway to rejuvenate. We will return soon.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed 3 December 2013

I recently stayed at the Amherst B&B at 257 Main Street, Amherst MA. I have nothing but GREAT things to say about the house and staff. Pat and Ann were gracious hosts. They really take great pride in the property and taking care of their guests. The home is absolutely gorgeous. Being from Mississippi, I am used to seeing wonderful Victorian homes. This one did not let me down. I have traveled the world and this experience was one of my favs. Thanks again guys for making my stay an enjoyable one. See you guys on my next trip to the area.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Boston
Reviewed 1 December 2013 via mobile

My wife and I spent two nights here on Thanksgiving weekend, feeling like real "guests" in an impeccably decorated and exceptionally comfortable room (incongruously but handily equipped with wireless internet) in this spacious, beautiful Victorian home. Our innkeeper, Ann, was very friendly, helpful and welcoming and served us two delicious breakfasts in the similarly splendid dining room, where we enjoyed meeting and talking with other guests. We couldn't have found a better place to stay, and at such reasonable cost.

Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Worcester, Massachusetts
Reviewed 27 November 2013

We planned our trip to see the play "Detroit" in Umass Amherst Fine Arts Center. They have such a great theater department, so I found this bed and breakfast on Tripadvisor. When I called to book it, Ann was very accommodating and pleasant on the phone. She gave us a charming Cyrus Room on the 2nd Floor. Her housekeeper Pam is just a fabulous person, who helped us out when we arrived on Saturday, 11-23-13. Ann made a delicious breakfast for us in the morning and let us check out later, which made our stay more relaxing. On Sunday we visited Emily Dickinson museum across the street, which we enjoyed very much. We'll definitely come back to Amherst Inn, when we plan our next trip to this area.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Cambridge, Massachusetts, United States
Reviewed 20 November 2013

A wonderful Period style Victorian with gracious, fun owners. This place is like stepping back in time and the beautiful surroundings such as Emily Dickinson's house across the street, the shops two blocks away and Amherst college also two blocks south makes this the perfect getaway. My wife and I stayed in the Turret room which I highly recommend. Ann and Alan are kind and generous souls and help you to feel like you're at home.

Room Tip: Turret Room.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Amherst
Hotel UMass
Howard Johnson Express Inn - Amherst Hadley
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#4 of 7 in Hadley

Been to Amherst Inn? Share your experiences!