“Great experience and feeling!”
Review of Amherst Inn

Amherst Inn
Ranked #3 of 12 Amherst B&B and Inns
Verona, Italy
“Great experience and feeling!”
Reviewed 10 February 2014

I spent a night at the Amherst Inn under a snowstorm...! They accomodate me even if I ring the bell at 11.00pm..! Very cozy Inn, super clean and warm. I love the room, bed are great and very welcoming. They help me the day after to remove a ton of snow from my car to gain access to the street. I really appreciate this! I highly recommend Amherst Inn if you are in town.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank WilkieRules

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Lancaster, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed 9 February 2014 via mobile

Great weekend in Amherst at the Inn. Very comfortable rooms, fabulous breakfasts, Ann and staff were extremely gracious and welcoming. Appreciated decor and common areas to visit with friends. Would highly recommend this B&B.

• Stayed February 2014
Denver, Colorado, United States
Reviewed 5 February 2014

The Amherst Inn is truly a step back in time, lovingly decorated by Ann, who is there to cook individual breakfasts for the guest - hot full breakfast! The inn has 9 rooms, all with private baths and all immaculately decorated. The bed was very comfortable and the room was very nice. The Inn is within walking distance to Amherst College which my daughter attends so it is very convenient. My only regret is that I didn't discover this gem until now when she is a senior! Highly recommend.

Room Tip: I was in the Lions Den on the first floor - nice but a little noisy in the morning because of breakf...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
3 Thank Beth M
Paris, France
Reviewed 3 February 2014

My family stayed here when I was still attending Amherst College, and they recommended it when I returned to visit the college with my boyfriend. We stayed in one of the second floor rooms with a queen-sized bed, and it was perfect--cozy and warm in the middle of winter. The decor is lovely, and the hostess was very welcoming and made us a delicious breakfast in the morning. We plan to return in the spring!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 28 January 2014

I stay here periodically when I'm in Amherst for work. Great location and wonderful house. Staff is very friendly and helpful. Rooms are large and quiet, with free wifi. For the summer months, there's also a lovely back porch and garden to enjoy.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank pchunter
Reviewed 28 January 2014

The Amherst Inn is a warm and welcoming B&B in a great location just minutes from downtown Amherst. We were visiting Amherst to visit UMass Amherst and to see a cousin in a local play so location was very important. To be honest, we are not really B&B people and prefer all the comforts of a hotel; however, the Amherst Inn won me over. The room was very roomy and comfortable for me, my husband and my 17 year old son. We really enjoyed the fresh home made breakfast and meeting Ann, the owner. I would highly recommend the Amherst Inn to families visiting the University and/or couple's looking for a romantic get away.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Santa Barbara, United States
Reviewed 18 January 2014

Amherst Inn is an intimate B&B, directly across the street, from the Emily Dickinsnon's House, and a two minute walk from Amherst College and the town center. The rooms are charming, beds are great. It is everything a remodeled Victorian B&B could be. It is very quiet within. Ann, the owner is delightful.
We just booked our son's graduation day in 2015, need I say more.

Room Tip: We viewed them all, so we could have "the best" for 2015, but they're all great. S...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Mark H
Also consider these accommodations in or near Amherst
Courtyard Hadley Amherst
Comfort Inn
#4 of 7 in Hadley
Hampton Inn Hadley-Amherst
Fairfield Inn & Suites Springfield Northampton/Amherst

Been to Amherst Inn? Share your experiences!