“Great space, great location, great host, great value”
Review of Amherst Inn

Amherst Inn
Ranked #2 of 12 Amherst B&B and Inns
Reviewed 11 March 2014

We felt very fortunate to be able to get a booking on short notice, and couldn't have asked for a better spot, or a kinder welcome, or a nicer breakfast. And the bed! After a long day of driving, it was just right.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank eightsgoeast

Reviewed 17 February 2014

The staff was so kind, the room was very comfortable and the food was great! Also very convenient to the center of town and to the University. I will stay there again, and will recommend it to anyone visiting the area.

Room Tip: Our room was at the top of the stairs on the second floor but very quiet!
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Leslie L
Reviewed 10 February 2014

I spent a night at the Amherst Inn under a snowstorm...! They accomodate me even if I ring the bell at 11.00pm..! Very cozy Inn, super clean and warm. I love the room, bed are great and very welcoming. They help me the day after to remove a ton of snow from my car to gain access to the street. I really appreciate this! I highly recommend Amherst Inn if you are in town.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank WilkieRules
Reviewed 9 February 2014 via mobile

Great weekend in Amherst at the Inn. Very comfortable rooms, fabulous breakfasts, Ann and staff were extremely gracious and welcoming. Appreciated decor and common areas to visit with friends. Would highly recommend this B&B.

• Stayed: February 2014
Reviewed 5 February 2014

The Amherst Inn is truly a step back in time, lovingly decorated by Ann, who is there to cook individual breakfasts for the guest - hot full breakfast! The inn has 9 rooms, all with private baths and all immaculately decorated. The bed was very comfortable and the room was very nice. The Inn is within walking distance to Amherst College which my daughter attends so it is very convenient. My only regret is that I didn't discover this gem until now when she is a senior! Highly recommend.

Room Tip: I was in the Lions Den on the first floor - nice but a little noisy in the morning because of breakf...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank Beth M
Reviewed 3 February 2014

My family stayed here when I was still attending Amherst College, and they recommended it when I returned to visit the college with my boyfriend. We stayed in one of the second floor rooms with a queen-sized bed, and it was perfect--cozy and warm in the middle of winter. The decor is lovely, and the hostess was very welcoming and made us a delicious breakfast in the morning. We plan to return in the spring!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 January 2014

I stay here periodically when I'm in Amherst for work. Great location and wonderful house. Staff is very friendly and helpful. Rooms are large and quiet, with free wifi. For the summer months, there's also a lovely back porch and garden to enjoy.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank pchunter
Also consider these accommodations in or near Amherst
Hotel UMass
Holiday Inn Express Amherst-Hadley
Quality Inn & Suites
Quality Inn & Suites
#3 of 5 in Northampton

Been to Amherst Inn? Share your experiences!