“Wonderful Experience!”
Review of Amherst Inn

Amherst Inn
Ranked #2 of 12 Amherst B&B and Inns
Reviewed 11 July 2014

We drove to Amherst to get together with family and the Amherst Inn was recommended to us. The recommendation could not have been more accurate! Beautiful, immaculate, well appointed rooms. Pam and Anne were unfailingly attentive to our every comfort and need. Breakfast was delicious! Many things to do and see in the area as well. We will definitely be returning!

Chris and Fran C.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 9 July 2014

Are you looking for the Classic Bed & Breakfast experience? Something Victorian and charming with modern amenities, fabulous food and plenty of hidden nooks and crannies? The Amherst Inn is the perfect choice for you. My only disappointment is that we didn't reserve a longer stay.

My sister and I stayed in the Ivy Room. It had two spacious beds, a private bath, a ceiling fan over each bed, as well as comfortable seating and even a towel warmer. The day we arrived it was a bit toasty and we were pleased to discover the Inn had central air conditioning. The next day was gloriously cool and breezy. We promptly opened up the four screened windows and received delightful gusts of fresh air.

The breakfast selection was comprehensive and the company was delightful. We're looking forward to booking three nights next summer.

Room Tip: There are a variety of rooms available. We selected the room with a queen bed and a double bed. Th...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 May 2014

I came to stay here while visiting my son at school. I chose this because I wanted something a bit less cold than a chain hotel on the main drag. What I got was a mini getaway for myself. The house felt like a country home, beautifully appointed, clean and bright. My room and bath felt like a little spa, with tons of pillows on the bed, big fluffy terry robes, big wicker chairs and an ambient noise machine! The grounds were lovely and a perfect spot to do some yoga in the early morning. The neighborhood was peaceful and made for a great run. Breakfast was ample and fresh with several happy places to sit. I chose the porch with the sun streaming in! Hot chocolate in the evening in the sitting room was only made better with some great conversation with the caretaker ( lovely lady who kept me smiling and well taken care of) and the one of the owners who shared with me his knowledge and love of maintaining such a home in such perfect order. I loved this place and will return!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank kirakira
Reviewed 3 May 2014

Recently, I stayed at the Amherst Inn in Amherst, Massachusetts. It was wonderful. Very Victorian. They even kept the pantry as a pantry. When I was in the hallway, it really did make me feel like I was in my grandparents time. The parlor/living room had cool lamps, and wall adornments that I enjoyed looking at. The attention to detail was amazing in the entire place. When Pam led me to the Persian Room, I was convinced it was the finest one though others feel they have the finest room as they are all different, apparently, so I just have to go back, of course. The bathroom was perfect, very beautiful, private, hot water & fine water pressure. The honey almond hand soap made me feel like I was between theTigris and Euphrates rivers. The hosts were very nice, Pam, Anne & Cheyenne. The breakfast was an enormous buffet of american fare on cheery sunflower china. My favorite was the fruit. It is also just 3 or 4 buildings/houses from Amherst center and right across the street from Emily Dickinson's house. There was a journal in the room that showed that people from all over the world stayed in that room and how they enjoyed their stay. On the way to the sunny porch they have brochures about the area if you want any ideas. Can't wait to go back.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Nancy H
Reviewed 1 May 2014

Don't go anywhere else. Beautifully presented, superbly clean and characterful rooms, a lovely breakfast, and the friendliest people. I hope to go back.

You could walk anywhere from here. Very close to restaurants and across the street from the Emily Dickson museum.

• Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank jjclarinet
Reviewed 13 April 2014

I stayed here with my daughter while we were in town touring Smith College and UMASS. Our room was quaint, the beds were amazingly comfortable and ideal for reasting our weary bones after a day-long drive up from Atlanta. We stayed two nights, enjoyed our breakfast - which, unfortunately, we were not able to indulge due to school interviews and a busy schedule. The only negative is that we had three heavy (large) rolling suitcases and had to walk up a flight of stairs to enter the Inn. Ann, the innkeeper, was very kind to assist my daughter with our bags as I am recovering from bad foot injury. Ann was kind and patient and the linens and facilities were clean and well cared for.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Tzynya
Reviewed 12 April 2014

We had a great stay at the Amherst Inn. It is a 2 minute walk to Amherst center and a short walk to Amherst College and Umass Amherst. Easy distance to the bike path for running in the morning. The room was lovely, spacious, quiet and comfortable. Breakfast was delicious and had several hot and cold options, and lots of fresh fruit. The price was very reasonable and far less expensive than many other hotels in the area. The owner was extremely nice. I can't imagine a better place to stay in Amherst and will certainly stay here again when I'm in town. We slept very well as the Inn is a good distance from the noisier bars in the center of town, we couldn't hear anything at night.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Valerie M
Also consider these accommodations in or near Amherst
Hotel UMass
Holiday Inn Express Amherst-Hadley
Quality Inn & Suites
Quality Inn & Suites
#3 of 5 in Northampton

Been to Amherst Inn? Share your experiences!