“Another great stay!”
Review of Amherst Inn

Amherst Inn
Ranked #2 of 12 Amherst B&B and Inns
Reviewed 5 August 2014

I recently returned to the Amherst Inn for my third stay there and thoroughly enjoyed it. Ann and her staff are welcoming and helpful. Breakfast is plentiful and delicious. The location is perfect for exploring the shops, restaurants, and college campus of Amherst. I wouldn't stay anywhere else!

Room Tip: Upstairs rooms are likely to be quieter than those on the first floor.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo

Reviewed 5 August 2014

Owner Ann at the Amherst Inn deserves credit, once again, for hosting our large group for its annual board meeting. The meetings at the Inn were comfortable and the setting much more intimate and congenial than that of a corporate hotel setting. We thank Ann for going out of her way for all of us to accommodate special requests for this 3-day affair. Thank you for your friendly service and good staff and comfy bedrooms for a good night's rest between hard work.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 July 2014 via mobile

Amherst Inn and Allen house are owned by the same family. I stayed at the Amherst Inn on Main Street close to several great shops and restaurants.

My room had a queen bed that was über comfy and a priority to me. The room was near the kitchen so very loud starting at 7:00 am. The breakfast was ho hum. I would absolutely recommend this place since it's walking distance everything you need and the town of Amherst is a dreamy New England town, like the ones in the movies.

Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed 11 July 2014

We drove to Amherst to get together with family and the Amherst Inn was recommended to us. The recommendation could not have been more accurate! Beautiful, immaculate, well appointed rooms. Pam and Anne were unfailingly attentive to our every comfort and need. Breakfast was delicious! Many things to do and see in the area as well. We will definitely be returning!

Chris and Fran C.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 July 2014

Are you looking for the Classic Bed & Breakfast experience? Something Victorian and charming with modern amenities, fabulous food and plenty of hidden nooks and crannies? The Amherst Inn is the perfect choice for you. My only disappointment is that we didn't reserve a longer stay.

My sister and I stayed in the Ivy Room. It had two spacious beds, a private bath, a ceiling fan over each bed, as well as comfortable seating and even a towel warmer. The day we arrived it was a bit toasty and we were pleased to discover the Inn had central air conditioning. The next day was gloriously cool and breezy. We promptly opened up the four screened windows and received delightful gusts of fresh air.

The breakfast selection was comprehensive and the company was delightful. We're looking forward to booking three nights next summer.

Room Tip: There are a variety of rooms available. We selected the room with a queen bed and a double bed. Th...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 May 2014

I came to stay here while visiting my son at school. I chose this because I wanted something a bit less cold than a chain hotel on the main drag. What I got was a mini getaway for myself. The house felt like a country home, beautifully appointed, clean and bright. My room and bath felt like a little spa, with tons of pillows on the bed, big fluffy terry robes, big wicker chairs and an ambient noise machine! The grounds were lovely and a perfect spot to do some yoga in the early morning. The neighborhood was peaceful and made for a great run. Breakfast was ample and fresh with several happy places to sit. I chose the porch with the sun streaming in! Hot chocolate in the evening in the sitting room was only made better with some great conversation with the caretaker ( lovely lady who kept me smiling and well taken care of) and the one of the owners who shared with me his knowledge and love of maintaining such a home in such perfect order. I loved this place and will return!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank kirakira
Reviewed 3 May 2014

Recently, I stayed at the Amherst Inn in Amherst, Massachusetts. It was wonderful. Very Victorian. They even kept the pantry as a pantry. When I was in the hallway, it really did make me feel like I was in my grandparents time. The parlor/living room had cool lamps, and wall adornments that I enjoyed looking at. The attention to detail was amazing in the entire place. When Pam led me to the Persian Room, I was convinced it was the finest one though others feel they have the finest room as they are all different, apparently, so I just have to go back, of course. The bathroom was perfect, very beautiful, private, hot water & fine water pressure. The honey almond hand soap made me feel like I was between theTigris and Euphrates rivers. The hosts were very nice, Pam, Anne & Cheyenne. The breakfast was an enormous buffet of american fare on cheery sunflower china. My favorite was the fruit. It is also just 3 or 4 buildings/houses from Amherst center and right across the street from Emily Dickinson's house. There was a journal in the room that showed that people from all over the world stayed in that room and how they enjoyed their stay. On the way to the sunny porch they have brochures about the area if you want any ideas. Can't wait to go back.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Nancy H
Also consider these accommodations in or near Amherst
Hotel UMass
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#5 of 7 in Hadley
Howard Johnson Express Inn - Amherst Hadley

Been to Amherst Inn? Share your experiences!