“French Bistro with New England Charm”
Review of Chez Albert

Chez Albert
Ranked #18 of 116 Restaurants in Amherst
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 15 September 2017

Service was fantastic fast and the food was very approachable in that old-school French way. Stick to the classics (escargot, brandad, etc) and you can't go wrong.

The atmosphere is very cozy and I really love the large wooden beams in the bar area it makes for a fun combination of a French bistro and a New England Inn.

Reviewed 30 August 2017

My wife, son and I went to Chez Albert because it had come highly recommended by several friends of ours. It was a pleasant mid-week evening, with a number of couples eating outdoors, though we ate indoors, facing the street. The wait staff was extremely courteous and friendly, and the food was truly outstanding. The restaurant is right in the center of this college town and easy to get to. We will come back here again...and again, to try different emtrees and appetizers. Everything was first-rate.

Reviewed 25 August 2017 via mobile

In the UMASS neighborhood, we never expected to enjoy such a sophisticated lunch. The salads and brie croquet were delicious. The dessert was fantastic. Our server was very friendly and attentive. We were back on the road in less than an hour.

Reviewed 24 August 2017

The place is lovely,private and the food is delicious. The portions are very small. I enjoyed my meal,but my husband found his too rich and not to his liking. The real issue weas it is very expensive and I question whether it was worth it.

Reviewed 22 August 2017

If I lived in Amherst, this would be one of my regular stops for lunch or dinner. The food is expertly prepared and the experience is one of casual sophistication. An excellent wine list compliments the gustatory delights.