“Can't comment on the food but service was terrible”

Baku's African Restaurant
Ranked #57 of 116 Restaurants in Amherst
Cuisines: African
Reviewed 7 February 2012

I bought a Groupon and could never use it and I don't even plan to come back. The chef (also the owner) I think seemed to look down on me when I told her I had Groupon. The place was crowded at the time and she told me to come back in 1.5 hour, even though a couple just had finished and were about to leave. I never want to see her face again.

5  Thank HuongD9

Reviewed 28 January 2012

I just ate here today and I must say the food was absolutely great. It was definitely a new experience and the men seems authentic. Everything was also very fresh.
The portions were on the smaller side, although by the time both of us finished we were full. The one negative would be price, which I thought was on the expensive side. Most dishes will run you about $12-$13. It is also a small place and can take some time to get your food so not a good place if you are in a hurry. However, I would definitely recommend Baku's and will be back soon.

1  Thank miller20817
Reviewed 24 August 2011

I love Nigerian food, so I was looking forward to this local restaurant. I hate to give negative reviews because i know how hard people work, but this was really an inedible meal. The goat curry was covered with a tepid, bland tomato sauce that tasted as if it came out of a bottle. The sides: overcooked plain green beans and overcooked, greasy, unflavored rice, both tepid, and black-eyed pea fritters that had clearly been microwaved and were mushy on the outside and cool on the inside. The whole thing was warmed-up leftovers rather than freshly-cooked food.

2  Thank lhq
Reviewed 12 November 2010

We tried their food a few times and love it. The dishes taste great but somewhat expensive. Just want to metion that the restaurant is quite small, there are only a few tables available. We had to wait for a while to be seated.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Amherst, Massachusetts
Reviewed 17 December 2008

good homecooked meal, warm service although I prefer my own cooking more and find this a bit on the expensive side.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook