“Excellent B&B”
Review of Black Walnut Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Amherst
Black Walnut Inn
Ranked #3 of 12 Amherst B&B and Inns
New Paltz,NY
“Excellent B&B”
Reviewed 28 May 2012

My husband and I traveled to Amherst with our 16 year old son to visit colleges in the area. We spend one night at the Black Walnut Inn - chosen after reading reviews here on Trip Advisor. We were not disappointed. We stayed in 2 adjoining rooms, the Norwattuck Room and the Planter's Room. The beds were comfortable and the rooms filled with interesting historical memorabilia. Breakfast was generous and delicious and our hosts were super-friendly. The B&B is in a great location with plenty of parking. I would highly recommend this as a place to stay when visiting the area.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 27 May 2012

This place was GREAT!! I took my wife here for a quick romantic get-a-way and i can't stop telling my friends and family about it. The Inn has a great feel when you walk in and the staff were incredible!! If you need that get out of the dog house get-a-way; this is the place!!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Reviewed 26 May 2012

Had a great 4 day stay I would reccomend this B&B very clean,comfy,and relaxing.
The grounds are well taken care of and the staff was very helpful

Great breakfast-- homemade-blueberry pancakes and lots more

Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 26 May 2012 via mobile

The rooms are spectacular! I love ALL the charm and if course, the history. We have booked a stay for the same time next year.
Marie makes the most yummy jams! Make sure you pick up one for yourself.
The hospitality was great, Marie and Dan made sure all our needs were met and they exceeded our expectations.

• Stayed May 2012
Tampa, Florida, United States
Reviewed 25 May 2012

I have stayed in a number of B&B's and this one by far is the best... They are an updated, clean and comfortable home away from home. The attention to details are comparable to a 5***** hotel.
The homemade foods are from local merchants. I love that The Inn supports local commerce. Will return there for sure!

Room Tip: I loved being in the main house but all are great rooms.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank Pam S
Winter Garden
Reviewed 25 May 2012

My husband and I stayed at The Black Walnut Inn over Mother's Day weekend while visiting family in Massachusetts. We booked early with Marie, since the Inn is so popular, and we didn't want to stay anywhere else. We are repeat guests and are made to feel like extended family whenever we visit. We stayed in the Peterson Room on this visit which was cozy, comfortable, and made me feel like I was visiting Grandma's house once again. The room and bath were immaculate (as always), the bed comfortable, and the made-to-order breakfast was to die for! Definitely a must-stay if you are in the Amherst, MA area.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Joyce C
Brunswick Maine
Reviewed 23 May 2012

I travel periodically to the Amherst area for business, and stay every time at the Black Walnut B&B. The staff are very friendly, the rooms are nice, and the breakfast is magnificent -- who can resist their homemade baked goods? Not me. I'll be back.

Room Tip: Rooms vary in size -- if you need extra space, call ahead and they will do their best to put you up...
Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Amherst
Hotel UMass
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#4 of 7 in Hadley
Fairfield Inn & Suites Springfield Northampton/Amherst

Been to Black Walnut Inn? Share your experiences!