“Bridal Shower”
Review of Andover Inn

Andover Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Andover B&B and Inns
Reviewed 17 August 2014

The bridal shower for my daughter was the perfect event. From the first meeting with Jennifer Lawlor to the moment we left the shower, the phrase no worries kept popping up in my head.
The staff for the event really made the day. Their attention to detail was amazing. So many little ways that I heard about from my family and guests. The room was beautiful. The brunch was excellent and set up perfectly. I had not been there in awhile and I know that it will not be long before I go back. Really was special!

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 14 August 2014

I recently had my future daughter in laws bridal shower at the Andover Inn.

I was working with Debbie Mireault and she was wonderful. She could not have been more accomadating.
At one point, I thought that I was going to have more guests than the room would hold and she told me not to worry, she would work it out.

On the day of the shower, the staff was great,the food was great, the room looked beautiful.

I would highly recommend The Andover Inn for their next function

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 August 2014

The Andover Inn has an ideal location. The hotel room is quaint, but there were some repair issues and the bathroom shower is very small. The room was very clean and the bed was quite comfortable. The towels were very nice. Regarding the restaurant, the food was good and eating on the front porch is nice, but there is plenty of truck traffic school. The waitstaff on the inside of the restaurant appears stretched, there are not enough people

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 August 2014

I stayed at the Andover Inn in July 2014. The guest rooms are large and well maintained. Comfortable bed and very clean bathroom. The Inn is located on the grounds of a private school and there are walking paths near the Inn. The main street in Andover is a short walk from the Inn. The staff were friendly and efficient. The rates are reasonable for a good quality hotel. I will definately stay there again.

Room Tip: The Inn and the surrounding area is very quiet. I think that a room on any side of the building wou...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 August 2014

This is a nice place with very comfortable rooms but there was confusion over the availability of our room's readiness despite the fact that we arrived shortly after 3pm. We thus had to wait about 10 minutes before we could get into our room.

Staff seemed inexperienced at times and displayed little enthusiasm or confidence. At breakfast we were greeted with good afternoon when it was still only 11am and when we left an hour later, we were told to have a good evening. (What happened to good morning and good afternoon?)

The room was very comfortable and nicely appointed although a used coffee pod was still in the Keurig machine which we had to remove ourselves. I would expect that this would be checked and cleaned by a housekeeper before our arrival.

There were no specific vegetarian options on the brunch menu. The menu has a footnote saying to ask the server for the vegetarian options. When asked, the server had no idea and had to go ask the kitchen what was available, then returned to say that EVERYTHING on the menu can be made vegetarian. I indicated my doubt that the tenderloin skewers and salmon could be made vegetarian. This reflects a lack of training and experience on the part of the very young staff. I don't blame the staff for this. It's management's fault if training is overlooked.

The staff were friendly enough but seemed bored, not very enthusiastic and quite inexperienced. I'm used to ultra friendly, cheerful and 'go-out-of-the-way' helpfulness of staff in a property of this caliber.

Food sounded good on the brunch menu but the dishes were bland and uninspiring. No fresh bread was served prior to the meal being served. The pastries were obviously not freshly made but brought in. There was no butter on the table. The fresh fruit cup was tiny with only melon in it. I would expect something more exciting than that on a brunch menu. The plates were stuck to the tables and required effort to pry them off.

We expected better from this Inn. Would recommend the rooms but not Samuel's restaurant.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Joel S
Reviewed 6 August 2014

The Andover Inn was spectacular in all of their efforts from the planning coordinator, to the chef, to the support and guidance received the day of my daughter's baby shower. An added note: both my daughter and myself have Celiac. To my surprise and pleasure, the Andover Inn went above and beyond to create a fantastic buffet, accommodating our special diets. If you are unsure of where to host your function (like I had been), don't be. . . The Andover Inn is amazing!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank MWood01810
Reviewed 10 July 2014

its a great place to stay. Everything was great: dinner, breakfast, room, and all the staff! Overall, it is a great hotel/inn to stay in and a really comfortable place. Recommend others to go and stay there!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family