“Horrible”

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 13 June 2013

Horror story. I looked up their website as I did not have a menu. Under the menu button is a section "combos". There are only three listed. the 3 item combo being called "Combo Casa". Choose any 3 items, comes with choice of 2 sides.

I called in for takeout and asked for this. The hostess/manager that answered was instantly confused. I repeated 3 times what I was ordering and where it was on their website. She said she had to check if the beans and steak fries I ordered came with it...... Again I read the description and name off the website. She came back and said I was all set. I ordered a shredded beef chimichanga, chicken enchilada and pork tamale. I was told give them 10 minutes.

I work closeby and was there in 5. I read the takeout menu at the register while I waited. Turns out they have a lunch combo as well. "combo tres" for 3 items. Only $8.95. Comes with beans and rice, no choices. I thought it odd the woman never mentioned it to me over the phone. I did call at noon after all, and said i was on the website, which doesn't mention the lunch specials. I paid $14 ($15 w/ tax) for my Combo Casa and left.

Got back to work and opened it up, and I was staring at the combo tres, the lunch portion. No steak fries, just the beans and rice that comes with the lunch combo. On top of that, it looked HORRIBLE. Everything was soggy and sloppy. With ZERO sauce or cheese on anything. How can anything get that soggy when there's nothing on it? The food was luke warm, almost cold. I was there 5 minutes from when I called, this food didn't sit around waiting for me.... It was obviously precooked and someone forgot to heat it up. The chimichanga, which is deep fried, was wet and floppy like pasta. At least the shredded beef inside was decent, the only saving grace of this meal.

The enchilada was gross, chicken was dry. The tamale was the worst. That was NOT masa, tasted like old pizza dough that never rose. The pork inside was like sawdust, dry with zero sauce and tough. The rice had no flavor at all. The refried beans looked like regurgitated dog food.

I am steaming as I write this an hour later, and also feel like I"m going to throw up. On top of overcharging me and not giving me what I ordered, the quality of food I received makes Taco Bell look like a 5 star establishment.

Don't walk by this place....RUN!

3  Thank devyn g

Reviewed 25 May 2013 via mobile

This place is just average. They started on a good note. But it seems like they scaled everything back. Margueritas are nothing special. Do yourself a favor. Hit a different place.

Reviewed 20 April 2013

We ate here as a family of four (two under 17) for lunch on a Saturday. The menu is extensive with a wide range of the traditional Mexican offerings as well as more interesting fish, beef, pork, and vegetarian offerings. Everyone enjoyed their selections, which ranged from fish tacos, chicken tacos, fish enchiladas, and a 'torta carnitas' which is very much like a Mexican pulled pork sandwich. Everything was very good, and fresh. A side of grilled vegetables was available for the entrees, which were excellent. The fresh guacamole is very good and the presentation of the dishes was beautiful. There are three dips with the complimentary chips to start - an avocado based dip, a traditional salsa, and a roasted vegetable salsa. All were very good. It's nice to sit upstairs on the second floor and see downtown Andover. It's right above a Starbucks.

Reviewed 9 April 2013

I have had both lunch and dinner in this downtown restaurant, and have enjoyed it every time. I travel on business to Andover 4 times a year, and I always take time to eat there. Service is good, and quick.

Reviewed 22 March 2013

The food is awesome! I love their Mexicali Chimichanga. They have very tasty (- and strong!) Margaritas too. All in all, you get great value for the price.