“Not what it used to be?”

Casa Blanca Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #19 of 66 Restaurants in Andover
Price range: US$20 - US$25
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 6 July 2014

We were regulars here for a few years. We hadn't been in a while, though, so we recently went and some things had noticeably changed. None of the staff were familiar (and I'd argue less friendly than they used to be), the menu has been jumbled around a bit (though I was able to find most things I was looking for), and the food for some reason isn't quite as perfect as it used to be. Example, though it's a small detail: I used to absolutely love the refried beans served in the crisp tortilla cup but now it's just in a ramekin and has lost the fun.

All that said, it's still decent Mexican-American at reasonable prices. Plates are always scorchingly hot and drinks are large. Good for families as well as the bar area.

2  Thank Mike J
There are newer reviews for Casa Blanca Mexican Restaurant

Reviewed 11 June 2014

We go to Casa Blanca in Andover quite a lot, but recently they have become a little careless with fulfilling their orders. Especially when it comes to the Fajitas, they seem to mess up something with the order every time. Recently I ordered a steak fajita with two sides of rice and no sour cream. we got it as takeout, paid and drove home. when we got home, we opened the container to find a chicken fajita with loads of sour cream. Needless to say, I drove all the way back down to Casa Blanca and gave them the what for. They took my order back and brought me out a new one, this time with steak but still with the sour cream. Pissed off, and frankly annoyed, I left. Another time I ordered over the phone and a man who spoke very little English picked up the phone and tried to take my order. after a language barrier struggle i finally gave him my order and he didnt ask for my name or number, never told me how much the order was or when to pick it up and he just hung up. talk about frustrating. when we got to casa blanca to pick up the order that i hoped had even been cooked, we got the same thing as last time, a chicken fajita that was supposed to be steak and sour cream that wasnt supposed to be there. thank god i checked before i left casa blanca, i had them change it. needless to say i'm very disappointed with Casa Blanca in andover, i'd say youre better off making the drive to Plaza Azteca in Methuen or haverhill or wherever it is.

1  Thank ngerroir
Reviewed 20 May 2014

The food is good, nothing spectacular but decent, reasonable mexican food you find in NE area. Good variety of items but the meat quality is not that good - this should be improved.

Service needs improvement - the staff seems to be indifferent to the clients. we had been there at least 15 times in the last 4 years and stopped going now as the service really sucks and the food is not that great. Although a number of people praise their service so perhaps its something else!

Reviewed 6 March 2014

As much as I like their fresh guacamole and berry jalapeno margarita, it is not my favorite Mexican restaurant. I have been there a few times for dinner and always end up disappointed. So I just go to the bar and have appetizers. The service is excellent, though. Parking can be an issue.

Reviewed 6 February 2014

I Bring my 15yr.old daughter there all the time and we have had various things to eat and have enjoyed them all.Great and helpful staff.Food comes out in a timely manner and always nice and hot.(I hate getting cold food)!One of my favorite places!