“Great Patio Dining”
Review of 189 Prime

189 Prime
Reserve with OpenTable
189 Prime is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 71 Restaurants in Andover
Price range: US$16 - US$34
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: River Road
Description: Merrimack Valley Neighborhood Steakhouse, featuring prime steaks, fresh Atlantic seafood, salads with locally sourced greens and organic produce in season. A full menu, designed with creative application and paired with the familiar make an impression. Contemporary, casual with a relaxed atmosphere.
Reviewed 19 October 2013

The fire pit was fun to watch. It was not too crowded and service was just what I wanted after a busy day of traveling. Food was very good.

Reviewed 18 October 2013

I don't know if the other reviewers of this restaurant get out much, but they've got to be kidding. I saw a lot of pictures and read the reviews and couldn't wait to eat here. We were staying here for an event and our hostess arranged a dinner the night before. I debated briefly between the regular filet and the bone-in, but since that was their specialty I went with it. Big mistake.
I ordered medium rare. I got a dried out piece of MEDIUM cooked meat with absolutely ZERO seasoning or flavor. All the for not-so-small price of $39! I've eaten at steakhouses all over the planet but never been so disappointed, especially for the price. If this was $12 at Ponderosa I might be more understanding.
Oh, and it took FOREVER to get our food. And they didn't bring any of the sauces that were supposed to come with the filet. Or put any beans on my wife's Nicoisse Salad. I feel totally ripped off. Do NOT eat here!

1  Thank bobsense
Reviewed 2 September 2013

Breakfast had everything for a full breakfast, including made to order omlettes,, and belguim waffles besides the regular morning splaces.

Reviewed 23 August 2013

After reading the reviews, we were anxious to go there. We booked a reservation and headed over. There's not a lot going on in Lawrence, Massachusetts so we chose On the Bone.

The restaurant is in the Wyndam hotel. It was really nice and not busy.

The service was really good. The food was okay. I was a bit travel weary so I ordered a lighter fare - the shrimp risotto. My hubbie ordered the filet showcase dinner.

We opened with the soups - clam chowder and french onion soup. They were fabulous!

The shrimp was okay - the risotto was very lumpy. He enjoyed his filet and fries.

We finished with the dessert round - I had the Marquis Cake (flourless chocolate), it was good. He had the Creme Brulee which he enjoyed very much.

All in all, it was nice.

Reviewed 24 July 2013

Had a business dinner at On the Bone in the Wyndham in Andover and the food was very good. They had a wide variety of meals and also had several nice small plates to choose from. The service was efficient but the server wasn't very friendly. There were maybe only two other tables of people in the entire place and the atmosphere was nonexistent.

Been to 189 Prime? Share your experiences!