“The food is great and we have fun every time”

Samuel's At The Andover Inn
Reserve with OpenTable
Samuel's At The Andover Inn is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 66 Restaurants in Andover
Price range: US$30 - US$50
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Main Street
Description: Enjoy "Classic New England Fare" with modern twists at Samuel's - the restaurant at Andover Inn, Andover, MA. Our restaurant features the very best local and seasonal ingredients in its dishes. In addition, taste one of the local craft beers on draft, a creative libation, or a sip from our whiskey, cognac or scotch selection.
Andover, Massachusetts
“The food is great and we have fun every time”
Reviewed 3 May 2014

We usually sit at the bar for dinner, especially if Bob is working (great bartender -he makes a fabulous martini).

The bar/restaurant is very nice with dark wood and good lighting. Busy, but not too noisy.

The food is quite good. I love their Cobb salad and their BLT (best one I have had). Their homemade potato chips are excellent. My husband loves the crabcake, lobster/mushroom crepes and the short ribs. I tried the veggie burger once and it was nice. They also have a vegetarian entree available, although I haven't tried it yet. Sometimes its nice to have a place nearby that has veggie options!

• Visited April 2014

Boston, Massachusetts
“Perfect lunch after touring Addison Art Gallery”
Reviewed 22 March 2014

Almost missed it, but spotted big screen TV through window while standing in parking lot debating lunch choices. What a pleasant discovery! Casual enough to walk in, and with a perfect lunch menu. Ham salad sandwich, salad, and cheeseburgers cooked to order at our table. Washed down with regional microbrews on tap. Reasonable tab. And contrary to other reviews here, we had a terrific, knowledgable and polite server, Adam. Dining on the Philips Andover campus just makes one feel that much smarter!

Suggestion: The Inn could do a better job advertising itself. Perhaps a sign or ticket handed out at the entry of the Addison Art Gallery?

• Visited March 2014
USA
“Elegant but yummy.”
Reviewed 4 March 2014

Food is excellent. Martini's are amazing. Service is slightly slow so don't go if you are in a hurry.

• Visited February 2014
WHGGuestService, Manager at Samuel's At The Andover Inn, responded to this review, 5 March 2014
Thank you for your kind words and support of Samuel's Restaurant. We appreciate your patronage and looking forward to welcome you back soon!

Stephan Amesoeder
General Manager, Andover Inn
Andover, MA
“Desperately need to do something about the service”
Reviewed 4 March 2014

I'm an alum of the school and live in the Andover and so want Samuel's to be successful. The atmosphere is nice and the food is generally good, but lately the management has been horrible. The hosts/hostesses and management are rude, and not at all welcoming. The servers are inexperienced, not well trained, and not given proper guidance. Food orders are misplaced, not served in the correct order, not timed well with drinks, and if you try to eat here and you do not have a reservation you are treated horribly. No effort is made at all. I'll keep trying, but thought that despite my in person pleas, a note hear too was warranted.

• Visited February 2014
2 Thank Explorer_from_Boston
Thank you for your recent review of Samuel's. We appreciate your positive comments regarding our food quality and atmosphere.

I was particularly disappointed to read about the shortfalls with our hostess and associates. I'm used to receiving positive comments regarding the friendly demeanor of our greeters, so I will certainly increase our training in this area to avoid any further service shortfalls.

Please accept my sincere apology. I would have loved to do this in person given the opportunity - however, I take the comments posted on TripAdvisor just as seriously and I can assure you I will review this matter with our team. Please feel welcome to contact me at the Inn in order to discuss your experience further and to help us to become the place we all want Samuel's to be.

Stephan Amesoeder
General Manager, Andover Inn
“always a very good experience”
Reviewed 22 September 2013 via mobile

Have been here often, and keep coming back. Nice, attentive staff. Good ambience, comfortable. Food is excellent, if basic. Can dine, if you're so inclined, as service is quiet and unobtrusive.

Visited September 2013