“Perfect for business”
Review of Brasserie 28 - CLOSED

Brasserie 28
Cuisines: American, French, European
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
North Andover, Ma
“Perfect for business”
Reviewed 15 September 2011

My company had a casual meeting here and it was fantastic. The food was impecable not only looked terrific but tasted even better. The quality was noted by all of us and we'll return frequently. Not many places in the area where you have all aspects met.

• Visited September 2011
14 Thank Trent2000

Andover, MA
“Really good food and wine”
Reviewed 14 August 2011

Best food in Andover featuring small plates, entrees, and sandwiches. Cheese selection is divine. Service is getting better. Also fantastic wines for all price points including a $28 bottle of Orvieto that is wonderful!

13 Thank Explorer_from_Boston
Littleton, Ma.
“Bad Management!”
Reviewed 14 August 2011

I had two Groupons that I needed to use. The total was $80.00. I asked my sister and her husband to join us for dinner there. We walked in at 6:15pm and were told an hour wait. No problem, we set outside until a seat by the bar was open. We each had a cocktail. I checked on our table at 7:15pm. We were told "they" were having dessert. It should not be long. Again, I checked and they were cleaning the table. That took about 20 minutes. We were seated at 8:00pm. Normally, the wait time is over estimated. This did not happen here. The server was very nice but when she finally came to the table, she brought a nice cafe of water and did not take a drink order. They seemed short on servers for the full house. We continued to wait and reviewed the menu. When she finally came for the drink order, we quickly ordered apps before she left. When she returned with our drinks, we placed our order. Surprise! They were out of burgers, clams, mussels, cod, and I guess, tomato fondue because it was not on the app we ordered. These are big items on a small menu of main entrees. We could not believe this and we were surprised we were not told this in advance. I felt really bad for the server. She said they were closing for a week and the Management did not order more food. Wow, they don't have food on a super busy Saturday night. The food we ordered was very good but it took forever for items to come out to the table. We could not pay quick enough and get out of there. It was my second time there and my last. The server was very nice and I truly felt bad for her. Shame on the Management.

• Visited August 2011
2 Thank Mooo
North Andover, Massachusetts
“Nice variety and the freshest ingredients”
Reviewed 9 July 2011

A bunch of friends and I tried this place last night and we were impressed. The layout is cool and the scene is fun. We sat at a very large tabe in the front room where the bar is. The menu is fun and inventive with plenty of options. There is a section of fun table food but also a section for entrees. We shared snrimp coctail and wellfleet oysters. Two dollars a peice! We pigged out on that alone. The cocktaiol sauce alone was fantastic with fresh horseradish. We shared hummus and tabbouleh salad and a yumy veggie flatbread with goat cheese. We all had entrees from steak to cod and there were no complaints at our table. We went nuts over the mango martinis. The service was great and we were able to relax and catch up. This areas so needed a place like this. We will all be back real soon!

• Visited July 2011
16 Thank annemachado
Groton, Massachusetts
“They said they could handle gluten-free, but definitely could not.”
Reviewed 17 June 2011

Their menu states, "please notify us of any food allergies". My server said gluten-free dining would not be a problem. She checked my order with the kitchen to confirm it is gluten-free. Then out came my dish of arctic char - with a pile of rye (which has gluten). I asked her about it; she told me it was quinoa (which is gluten-free). I asked her to double-check and the kitchen told her it was rye. She didn't understand why that would be a problem for me, and finally asked me what "gluten-free" means. I sent back my dinner (I was starving at this point) and wished they would have offered me a complimentary salad or something to tide me over - they didn't. Despite double-checking that the gazpacho and peach melba (without the cake) was gluten-free -- I definitely ate something there containing gluten and was sick for days. The server was friendly, and tried her best. But clearly this restaurant does not yet take food intolerances seriously.

• Visited June 2011