“Good casual dining, great entertainment”
Review of Brasserie 28 - CLOSED

Brasserie 28
Cuisines: European
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dublin, Ireland
“Good casual dining, great entertainment”
Reviewed 24 July 2013

Good midweek spot in Andover with a varied menu and great entertainment. The Tuesday night cover guy can and will sing anything.

Visited January 2013
6 Thank Ynca

Hillsborough, NJ
“Excellent food, but very long wait”
Reviewed 13 July 2013 via mobile

We arrived at 8 for our reservation and were seated promptly in the very busy and noisy bar section; there were no available tables outside. The salads arrived in good time, and they were both unusual and delicious! But we had to wait over an hour for our dinners. When we asked for bread to tide us over, we were told that we could order bread for six dollars, there was non provided. So we ordered the bread, but it didn't arrive either! When my "medium" steak finally arrived, it was bloody and had to be returned to the kitchen -- but it did come back quickly. Our server was very nice and also apologetic. We were offered free dessert, which was quite good! We liked our food very much and there was a good wine selection, but overall our dinner was not a great success and we are not likely to return to Brasserie 28 unless we read that the kitchen has improved in efficiency.

Visited July 2013
New England
“Very good could be great”
Reviewed 11 July 2013

We were a party of four and had made a reservation earlier in the day. The restaurant is small but very inviting. The atmosphere is a bit modern with a touch of vintage. The only piece I didn't like was the fish tank (yes it was salt water and shows dedication to maintain) but it felt a bit dated.

We all decided to get the two course prix fixe menu. You are able to choose your selections based on the menu offerings. Our table started with Clam Chowder (light, more like steamed clams with broth), Salad with a lavender vinaigrette, Foie Gras with berries, and sadly I can't recall the last appetizer. We thoroughly enjoyed our appetizers. They were all perfectly executed for sight and taste.

For entrees we ordered Scallops with fava beans (sadly the fava beans were slightly undercooked), Potato crusted Tuna, Hake, and Risotto. Again beautifully presented and very flavorful. My one critique would be the meals were slightly salty.

We would return again and encourage others to visit.

• Visited July 2013
3 Thank WanderlustHrts
Andover, Massachusetts
“Always consistently great”
Reviewed 3 July 2013

I have been to this restaurant many times and can walk from my home which is a huge plus!
It always amazes me that this place is always consistent in food quality, creativity, freshness and service. I love the layout of this place and it's fun for my wife in and I because we sit in a different section each time. I also enjoy the fact that the food and drink menus change often so that the regulars don't get bored. We are very excited to try their outdoor dining which should be open very soon. I have to say try it you will not be dissapointed!

• Visited June 2013
5 Thank James S
Andover, Massachusetts
“Delicious food.”
Reviewed 22 June 2013 via mobile

Love the choices on the menu. Surprising in a small town like Andover.
The food is really delicious even if on the pricy side.
Great for a special occasion.
Have to try if in Andover.

• Visited February 2013