“Helpful Staff but no on site restaurant”

Residence Inn Marriott
Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Andover
Reviewed 18 February 2014

Stayed at the Andover Residence Inn for a business trip and found it to be a very good experience . The staff was very helpful, particularly Kyle and Melissa, going above and beyond to care for all of my needs. Having breakfast on site was very convenient, but it would have been nice to have a restaurant on the property for dinner. Overall I thoroughly enjoyed my stay and would stay there again.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Priscilla D, General Manager at Residence Inn Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2014

Dear JP,

Thanks for your review and for recognizing our associates high level of service.
They are an asset to our hotel.
We do not have a restaurant on site but we offer a complimentary light dinner 4 nights (Monday - Thursday). Also less than 5 minutes from our hotel we have 2 great restaurants.
Thanks for being our guest and I hope to service you soon when you are back to the Andover area.

Reviewed 2 January 2014

I don't have anything to complain about the actual stay the hotel was fine. During the day the manegment is awful I actually was in the lobby and heard one of the managers yelling at a housekeeper in front of everyone. Total disgrace. But once night time comes everything seems to cool down. The front staff is extremely friendly and are there to help with whatever I need. I even had to call down for my smoke detector going off and the lady who came up was beyond helpful very friendly. I just wish the people who managed were a quarter as polite as everyone else. Won't be staying there again for that reason.

• Stayed: December 2013
4  Thank John21516
Priscilla D, General Manager at Residence Inn Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded 21 January 2014

Dear John21516,

Thanks for your time and compliments on your recent stay.
We are so glad that you have seen what a motivated staff can accomplish.
We are proud, we are loud and we are “Marriott”.
Thanks for being our guest and I hope to service you in the future when visiting the area.

Reviewed 31 December 2013

We stayed at this hotel for a week while visiting family over the holidays. It was very recently renovated so the room and furnishings were all brand new. It was immaculately clean from top to bottom. Studio Suite was very spacious with a king bed, sofa, sitting chair and kitchen area. Room was serviced each day and they even offered service on Christmas day by request. The lobby is also new and beautifully done. Laundry room was also large with several newer model washers and dryers. The front desk service could not have been any better. Every person we encountered from the check in desk to the breakfast buffet staff was genuinely friendly and ready to help. I travel to this area a lot for work and family visits and this is by far the best hotel that I have stayed in. Other hotels in the area need to take note and a lesson from this one. I will seek this place out anytime I'm in the Boston area. Thanks for a great stay!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Priscilla D, General Manager at Residence Inn Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded 4 January 2014

Dear Mr. Tom C,

Thanks for your review and for sharing your positive experience in details.
We are 10 days away from completing our full renovations in the rooms. Our newly renovated lobby as you mentioned is beautiful and welcoming.
Our housekeeping staff takes pride of what they do and make sure each suite is spotless to welcome our guests.
We serve our guests with our hearts and making a difference every day is easy - we have a true "Spirit to Serve" - rule number one at our hotel.
Thanks for being our guest and I hope to see you in the future when visiting the area.

Sincerely.

Reviewed 29 December 2013

This hotel was full of wonderful surprises for a Residence Inn! I highly recommend it. The location is quiet near the river walking path. They have great hot breakfast every day and light dinner M-Th. If you have a car, there is plenty of shopping/restaurants. The property was just renovated. The people were very helpful: They Listen and React. Chef Karen pleasantly prepares the light dinner. The salad bar was always fresh. One morning, Ms. Dias at the front desk asked how was my stay and did I like the dinner the night before. I told her I was surprised by the candy/desert bar. Since I am a diabetic, I noticed it but could not eat any. When I returned back in the evening after work, I had a message to come to the front desk –Kyle gave me sugar free candies from hotel’s candy bar. Melissa at the front desk constantly asks about your stay. I highly recommend this hotel for business because the staff are really nice people.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business

Dear M L,

Thanks for your wonderful review and appreciation. We try to know more about each one of our guests to be able to go above and beyond and exceed expectations daily.
I am proud and agree with your comments about our staff - they enjoy interacting with our guests and share stories. This is the Residence Inn culture!
Thanks for being our guest and I look forward to see you again when traveling to the area.

Reviewed 14 November 2013

I've stayed here twice now, and my experiences have been mixed:

The good:
1. the staff is very friendly and accomodating
2. Rooms are suites, so they're bigger than standard rooms, as they should be
3. They have enough parking, which isn't always the case at hotels
4. Beds are comfortable
5. Rooms are clean

The not-so-good
1. The one computer that they have for printing BP's etc is ancient. Both stays I had to email my BP to the front desk for printing because I couldn't get it printed from the guest computer
2. "Manager's Reception" is not what I've experienced during past Residence Inn stays...they do not serve complimentary beer and wine, and my current stay are not even serving cans of soda. Food is not a "light dinner" but some nights just chips/salsa and other really light hors d'ourves.
3. Decor is older, though they're going through a rehab so it might be significantly better in the near future.

Room Tip: Third floor (top level) will be quietest. There is no parking that is close to elevator.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Priscilla D, General Manager at Residence Inn Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded 18 November 2013

Dear tfox2,

Thanks for taking the time to share your recent experience stay with us.
I am glad to hear the positive comments about our staff and hotel cleanness.
We will be completed renovated by January 2014 and will no longer have a tired decor.
Our reception menu was evaluated and new items added to the menu. As a part of our Marriott standard we have the Manager's Night - Tune in Night which requires to be light (movie) snack which includes popcorn, chips and salsa, candy, cookies - all that guests would enjoy when watching a movie which is played during the social evening.
Also part of our hotel amenities we sell wine/beer at the front desk.

Again thanks for your review and I look forward to have you as our guest in the future.

Reviewed 11 November 2013

Comfortable, clean and as expected. Nothing fancy but served a purpose. If you're looking for a no frills, fit for purpose, this hotel will be fine. I'd stay here again.
Front desk staff super friendly.
Breakfast was boring! Besides that, I had a great stay

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Dear KS5050,

Thanks for your positive review and glad to hear that you had a good stay with.
Our staff is great and has a true "Spirit to Serve" Marriott mentality, which makes us unique from other hotels. We take pride of our clean hotel and will continue to send feedback to Marriott for our breakfast menu. We follow a rotating breakfast menu and try to add more making sure to satisfy our guests.

Reviewed 11 November 2013

What a positive experience at this Residence Inn! Everyone on the staff was not only very pleasant, but went out of their way to be helpful. The breakfasts were among the best we have had in hotels that include breakfasts at no extra charge (Eggs, waffles, old fashioned oatmeal, fresh fruit, yogurt, pastries, etc., with different kinds of potatoes and sausage/bacon on different days). Monday through Thursday they have a "snack" in the evening that is often enough for dinner for us.

We decided to stay at the Residence Inn in Andover because we had just moved out of our Andover house and were waiting to move into our new house in Boston. This was close by and allowed us to easily store a few boxes of stuff we didn’t want to leave with the movers.

Internet is included. They allow dogs. Because we would be staying for a month, the rate was very reasonable. We stayed in a one bedroom, which included a small kitchen (microwave and burners but no oven—but the renovated rooms include an oven). The room was clean and very well cared for, and the bed was very comfortable. The couch and chair comfort were not anything to write home about, but, hey, this is not a high-end expensive hotel. The grounds are especially nice; it is easy to go on a nice walk in the woods or around the high-tech-type office park (waterfalls, walking paths, etc.)

A number of people we bumped into had stayed there for several months and were still enjoying their stay. The rating is based on value for the money, which is excellent.

Room Tip: If you would like to use an oven in the room, ask for a renovated room that has an oven. The one bed...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family

Dear A-and-I travel.

Thanks for your positive review and for the comments about our staff.
They are a true asset to our hotel and understands how important it is to make you feel welcome and take care of any needs you might have.
Our hotel amenities are designated to make you feel at home when away from home and our social night experience just make it complete, allowing guests to interact with other guests, associates and managers.
Sad to see you go but Happy that you can now enjoy your new home!