“Spacious and comfortable”

Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Andover
Grand Rapids, MI
“Spacious and comfortable”
Reviewed 15 July 2013

We stayed here for a wedding in June of 2012. We had a suite with two double beds and a sofabed, which was (miraculously) roomy enough for the number of people we had in the room (four adults and three very young children). The beds were comfortable and the room was very clean. The fridge and microwave were handy to have with kids in tow.

The staff was friendly, but in an almost "fake" way, as if they were trying too hard. They were relatively tolerant of our presence as a wedding party, but I got the feeling at times that we were a bit of a bother to them.

The breakfast area was roomy, which seems to be a rarity these days. We had quite a large group, so it was nice to be able to spread out and not feel crushed during breakfast.

On days when we were not out of the room before 11am, they simply did not come back to clean our room, so there were a few days that we went without maid service.

My biggest disappointment was that the hotel could not meet my request for early check-in. I understand that early check-in always depends upon availability, but to be told that I had to wait another hour when I had just driven for 16 hours in a row was definitely disappointing, and I didn't feel like the woman at the front desk had any interest in attempting to accommodate me. This may have been because we were located near other members of the wedding party, but it didn't make for a good first impression.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
Stephanie S, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Boston Andover, responded to this review, 14 September 2013
Thank you staying with SpringHill Suites Andover for the wedding you attended in July! I'm glad you found our suites spacious and complete with amenities to enhance your stay.
Our team is focused on providing top-notch service - I'm disappointed to hear you did not find their friendliness genuine. I apologize that we were not able to accommodate your request for an early check-in. We strive to have rooms available as early as possible on busy weekends, but this is not always possible when the hotel is fully occupied.
I'm glad you were able to utilize our spacious public space to gather and during our complimentary breakfast service- it's a great area that we encourage our groups to utilize before and after events.
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
Reviewed 10 July 2013

I had never stayed at a Spring Hill before, but we recently stayed at this Spring Hill in Andover, MA. The hotel is FANTASTIC! The hotel lobby and rooms apparently were recently renovated and look beautiful. The suites are roomy, with very nice modern European chic decor. The beds are great and with nice soft comfortable linens. Rooms were impeccably clean. Breakfast was exactly what we expected, lots of cereals, yogurt, assorted breads, cold cuts, eggs, juices, coffee, etc...what else do you need!! Staff was very courteous and check in was quick. We were on a road trip and decided to stay here for a night on our way up and back. I highly recommend this place without a doubt.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms facing the wooded area!
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Thank you so much for your positive comments! I am delighted to hear that our hotel was exactly what you needed and that we were successful in exceeding your expectations!
I'm glad you have had the opportunity to experience the SpringHill Suites brand- please come a stay with us again!
New York City, New York
Reviewed 7 July 2013

The room was clean and nice, although not as big as it looks in the pictures. When you enter the room, there is a desk and a small counter with a fridge and microwave under it immediately on your right. The couch/coffee table is immediately on your left. Then, you walk through a large open archway into the sleeping area - two nice beds. At the foot of the beds is the bathroom and sink.
The good: the beds were extremely comfortable, and the pillows were heaven. The TV was nice, had lots of channels. There was good lighting, the rooms were decorated beautifully and the colors were calm and peaceful. The staff was accommodating and friendly.

The not so good: Like I said before, not as big as I had hoped. If you open up the couch bed, which we chose not to do, there is no room to walk around at all. The TV is situated in a funny spot - in the archeway so you can sort of see it from the couch and sort of see it from the beds. We moved it over to the couch so we could see it well from at least one location. There is no sink in the bathroom - only right outside, which might not be a big deal for some but I found it a little annoying. THe air conditioning unit was on one side of the room next to one of the beds, so we had to turn it all the way up so the person sleeping in the other bed would be cool, but I (sleeping in the bed near the AC) was cold.

All in all, despite the few minor issues, I very much enjoyed my stay, and would definately come back!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about your three day stay with SpringHill Suites!
I'm sorry to hear that our room configuration was not exactly what you were expecting. However, it does sound like our new beds, pillows and updated bedding package allowed you to relax and unwind! I'm glad you enjoyed our extensive TV channel lineup and decor package.
We appreciate your patronage - please come visit us again!
Conshohocken, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 2 July 2013 via mobile

Stayed one night. Hotel is off the beaten path, thus nothing in walking distance. Fine for us, but others may not like. Rooms were basic Springhill Suites, OK size but not much space once you open pull out couch. We had a King with pull out that my daughter slept on. The bed was fine, pull out was in poor shape...one of the most uncomfortable she ever slept on. Pool was open, but hot tub closed, which was disappointing. Breakfast was really bad. Limited choices. Sausage looked barely cooked, although I'm sure it's pre cooked meat. They were also cold. Oatmeal had no flavor, even after adding honey and chocolate bits. Not much else to choose from, thus we left hungry. I don't recall other Springhill suites having such a limited breakfast. We usually do Embassy Suites, which have a great breakfast, but opted for Springhill this time as I had points for a free room. This was a one night stay, based on location, so OK for one night. I wouldn't want to spend more than one night there.

Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Stephanie S, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Boston Andover, responded to this review, 8 July 2013
Thank you for choosing SpringHill Suites for your recent stay in Andover! I appreciate you taking the time to provide your feedback about your experience. We've recently upgraded our complimentary breakfast buffet to include healthier options and more variety including multiple toppings for our cereal bar and oatmeal, a full bakery section, scrambled eggs and a rotating breakfast protein, an assortment of flavored and greek yogurt as well as whole and cut fruits. We've had great feedback from our guests - I'm disappointed to hear that our breakfast did not meet your needs. I'd be glad to speak to you further regarding your experience. If you have the time, please feel free to contact me directly so I can ensure we exceed your expectations on your next visit. Thank you again for your feedback.
Center Moriches, New York, United States
Reviewed 20 June 2013

excellent experience, very. enjoyable stay. was in town for a lacrosse tournament and the staff were very accommodating for all of our needs. very knowledgeable staff, helpful and really went the extra step to insure that all of our needs were met. i would stay again if ever in the area again.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Thank you very much for sharing your positive comments about your recent stay at SpringHill Suites! Our team works hard to ensure we exceed our guests' expectations! We look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to the Andover.
Unknown
Reviewed 18 June 2013

Hotel is off the beaten path a bit, place in the rear of a development park that has not yet been developed. Surrounded by a grove of trees and river it is definitely quietly located from the city hussel. Although they are "Suites" the rooms are slightly larger than average hotel rooms. Stayed in a single king be suite. Nice furniture and decent decor. Staff very friendly and decent breakfasts.

Down side it the room AC/Heat units are ancient and loud. Tough to hear the television over the AC fan.

Room Tip: Small pool and hot-tub
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at SpringHill Suites Andover! I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed our staff service and our complimentary breakfast buffet. We are in the process of replacing our older air conditioning units; I apologize that noise from the fan was disturbing to you. We hope to welcome you back on a future visit to Andover! Thanks again for your feedback.
Reviewed 5 June 2013

Ok. I might be a little rough with the stars here. The hotel itself is in great condition. It's recently been renovated and they've done a fantastic job. The rooms are large and airy. The beds are comfortable. It's definitely better than average. It's Average plus. I would have given it a very good, but I just felt the staff were not very eager to please. We asked for extra towels and pillows and were given a hard time about it. The staff eventually caved in and brought them, but not after we had to argue for it. When I checked in the woman was pretty friendly though. But any other staff seemed not eager to please. My husband had another issue with the staff not being helpful, but at the time of writing this, I honestly forget what he told me. I do remember him agreeing that they are not helpful at this hotel. The location is good if you are planning to visit New Hampshire on your trip. We were going to Salem, MA and that was a bit far away (about 30 minutes drive). Finally, disappointing, the pool was closed the main day we were there. When we entered the hotel, the lobby was overcome with the smell of chlorine (from the pool). We were there for two nights so the next day we were at the hotel mostly, but couldn't use the pool. I'm guessing that they had to fix the chlorine content in it, because after that, the smell no longer radiated into the lobby.

Room Tip: I'd go again, just don't expect much from the staff. The rooms are great!
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Stephanie S, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Boston Andover, responded to this review, 14 June 2013
Thank you for choosing SpringHill Suites for your recent visit to the Andover area and for taking the time to provide your feedback about your experience. I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed the new look of our SpringHill Suites and that the larger size of our rooms met your needs!
Our goal is to ensure we exceed the expectations of every guest. I want to sincerely apologize that this was not the case with the service you received when you requested additional towels and pillows. Our indoor pool and spa are one of our most popular amenities - I can certainly understand your disappointment due to our pool being closed for maintenance during your stay. I have used your feedback as a training opportunity with our team to ensure we are delivering superior customer service and ensuring all guests have the opportunity to enjoy our complimentary amenities.
I would be more than happy to speak to you further about your experience. Please feel free to contact me directly so I can ensure your experience has been resolved to your full satisfaction.
Thank you again for staying with SpringHill Suites!