“Pleasant Surprise”

SpringHill Suites Boston Andover
Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Andover
“Pleasant Surprise”
Reviewed 20 February 2014

I was very pleased with my stay here. Clean, friendly staff, spacious rooms and quiet location in an office park. A modern SpringHill location. If you are traveling through the Lowell area I can definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Bergen County
Reviewed 20 January 2014 via mobile

I'm a tough critic and was very pleased with this hotel. Situated in an office park, close to restaurants yet secluded enough to be away from any highway noise, the hotel was clean and its contemporary decor was nicely appointed. We stayed overnight while traveling between our home and our destination. The room, with 2 double beds and a pull out sofa, could accommodate our family of five. The breakfast room was spacious as it is part if the lobby, with a variety if seating options and flat screen tv's. A great place to stay.

Stayed January 2014
Fellsmere, Florida
Reviewed 22 December 2013 via mobile

I stay here frequently for work and every time I check in I receive a warm welcome from Linda! The hotel is very clean, free breakfast in the morning and the small gym is never busy at 5 am. The rooms are well equipped with a small fridge, microwave and coffee maker. The small marketplace downstairs has snacks and drinks in case you need them.

• Stayed December 2013
New York
Reviewed 4 December 2013

The Springhill Suites is a newish looking hotel. The facilities are all well maintained and clean. There is plentiful parking, and the lobby area is welcoming.

We arrived on Friday morning, and we were allowed to check in upon arrival. We were even welcomed to partake in the free breakfast that was still being served. I asked about a room upgrade for Platinum members, and was advised politely that the hotel did not have availability.

The room was largish. I wouldn't consider it to be a suite, but it was bigger than your standard hotel room. When you enter the room, you are in the living room area. The next "room" (there is a halfish kind of wall between the 2 areas) is the sleeping room. The first area has a long pull out couch and a table on one side and then a small table and chairs on the other side. Across from the table is a small kitchen counter with a mini fridge and a microwave. Compact, but I think effective use of space. The bedroom area has 2 beds (I think they were queen beds.) The TV is on a console table between the 2 "rooms". It is easy to see from the couch or the bed closest to the living room area, but kind of difficult to see from the far bed by the window. The beds were comfortable.

The bathroom is also between the 2 "rooms". It has an outside counter area with a sink, and then a separate room for the toilet and shower. The towels were your standard average hotel white towels. Not too small ... not too big ... just OK. The bathroom was clean.

We did not spend much time in the room as we were there for a hockey tournament and spent much of our days at the hockey rink. There is no real restaurant (although, the hotel does provide a free breakfast - scrambled eggs, a meat, waffles, toast, oatmeal, fruit, pastry, bagels, yogurt, etc),

The hotel is located in a commercial park that is pretty deserted during the weekend. It is probably more active during the work week, but we saw no one besides our group in the general vicinity. There are many restaurants nearby, but nothing really walkable. The Chili's down the road was nice ... with a friendly staff and decent food for a quick bite.

My disappointment with my stay at the Springhill Andover was that we requested a late check out. I have been a platinum member with the Marriott credit card for many years. They were not able to give us one hour more on my check out. I even brought my platinum membership to the employee's attention, and it did not matter. There are not that many benefits to being a Platinum member, and I was very disappointed to have my membership mean nothing on this trip.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Springfield, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 4 November 2013

All of the amenities here are nice but the hotel didn't "wow" me in any way. Everything seems pretty basic... but given the area, etc. it is certainly a great deal. The biggest pro: good rooms. The biggest con: terrible location and no restaurant

Room Tip: Top floor (definitely); not too noisy since its back form the road a ways.
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
Williamsport
Reviewed 27 October 2013

I would like to thank the front desk! They were very friendly and very helpful! My sister, my friend, and I went to Massachusetts to celebrate Halloween (4th annual trip to Salem) and it was great. Hotel was clean, offered a good breakfast, rooms were spacious. It is a decent location, about 30 mins from both Salem and Boston.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
san diego,California
Reviewed 22 October 2013

Business trip to Boston and surrounding area. Excellent location, amenities perfect, what great value. Front desk and housekeeping super friendly and efficient,
Highly recommended. Free wifi parking and above average breakfast.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business