“Mushroom ravioli perfecto”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Andolini's

Andolini's
Ranked #46 of 66 Restaurants in Andover
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff
Westborough
“Mushroom ravioli perfecto”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 August 2013 via mobile

This was the best homemade mushroom ravioli I've had since Italy!! The atmosphere is very dark and rustic. It's worth the visit.

• Visited September 2012

Massachusetts
“If only you could eat the atmosphere”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2013

Went for date night with my husband last night. Had 7pm reservations and when we arrived, the place was dead. Kind of odd for a Thursday night, but whatever. Hostess seated us in a nice secluded table. Our first impression was "wow"! The place is nicely decorated and very romantic. Only downfall so far is the ac was blasting and I was freezing, but a nice glass of red wine will fix that. Wine menu was pretty good and we each got an $11 glass of cab sav. I figured for that price it should be passable....it was not. Anyway our waiter was Patrick and he was great. Didn't make us feel rushed at all and since we were in no hurry it worked out nicely. First order was an appetizer of steamed mussels in a spicey tomato broth and it was brought out in a timely manner. I have had a lot of mussels and I enjoy them, but these did not taste fresh to me. They almost tasted like they were a few days old. The broth was ok...nothing special. At this point we decided to put our entree order in and also get a bottle of wine since we knew what we were going to eat. Chose a petit sirah for $65. It was great! My husband ordered the special which was pork medallions with grilled peaches, goat cheese potato soufle and a plum sauce $22. I ordered their "killer burger" as the menu stated. I love a good burger and couldn't wait to try it. Mine came with handmade fries, $15. We were enjoying our wine and each others company, so we didn't notice how long it was taking for the food to arrive, but our waiter did come over twice to let us know the chef was working on our order. When food finally arrived it looked great! My husband enjoyed his dish, but I found the portion to be on the smaller side. My burger was not what I expected...in a bad way. I ordered it rare to med rare ( I like it red). It was more med well, and a bit burned on the outside. Really had no taste and Very dry. The fries were good, but they were luke warm.
To sum up, the atmosphere was wonderful and I did not find the prices to be outrageous. I was not gaga over the food, but I would not rule out another visit.

• Visited June 2013
2 Thank Catie H
Haverhill, Massachusetts
“Amazing Specials, and beautiful Bartenders.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2013

We sat the the bar for our Valentine's day date, the restaurant was completely booked but we ended up having the best time. The bartenders were both so friendly and directed me to some great off the menu cocktails they were working on, pepper infused tequila in mine was so good.

My boyfriend had the Filet which was mammoth and perfectly cooked and I had the spaghetti tomato basil because I am addicted.

This place is has a cool staff, candles everywhere, and fabulous food. Try it.

1 Thank Carol01835
Methuen, MA
“Put This On Your List! (... of places not to eat.)”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2013

We had a 6:30 reservation to meet friends. When we first arrived, there was a strong smell of cooking (like a "fryer" type of smell) which was a bit of a turn-off. Drinks and appetizers came out in a reasonable time frame and were basically good. Then we waited for an HOUR for our food order to arrive. My wife and I would have bailed on this place if it were just us. But we were with friends and had a lot of catching up to do.

My wife ordered the salmon, my friend's wife ordered the "killer burger" and my friend and I both got the chicken parmigiana. The chicken parm arrived first - it was good and served hot, but the pasta on the plate was cold. Then the burger and salmon arrived a couple of minutes later.

My wife's salmon and everything else on her plate was cold. The bun of the killer burger was burned ... not just well done ... burned. How do you not see that in the kitchen and refuse to let it go out to a table?

We flagged down our waiter, sent the salmon and burger back. Several minutes elapsed while we waited for the orders to be fixed. Our wives insisted we not wait for them and by the time the women's meals arrived, my friend and I were both basically finished with our chicken.

The killer burger needs a new name because it wasn't a killer, and my wife's salmon and all the other things on her plate were way overcooked. It was obvious that rather than firing up another salmon, they just took hers and heated it up again - it was all dried out, and the asparagus was so overcooked it was ridiculous. VERY disappointing. If you can't fire up a new salmon and cook it right, you have no business running a restaurant. Reheating cold food is just plain unacceptable.

This place has serious kitchen issues and wasn't worth the $50/each we spent. I have been going to this place for at least 30 years - ever since it was The Backstreet. I came here when it was Glory, but this was our first (and last) visit to Andolini's. There are too many other places in the Andover area to get a good meal to waste our time trying it again. And, in my opinion, it doesn't come even close to resembling anything in the North End.

2 Thank AdirondackKid
Chelmsford, Massachusetts
“don't waste your money”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2013

A waste of $170.00 (before tip)!!! Exhaust fan wasn’t working and our clothes reek!! The meals took over an hour to get to our table and when they did two out of the four meals had to go back, one was cold and the other was burnt and cold…. No manager on duty. I will never go to this place again.

2 Thank pfg01824

Been to Andolini's? Share your experiences!