“DELICIOUS TAKE OUT CHINESE” 4 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: Chinese, Asian
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
North Andover, Massachusetts
“DELICIOUS TAKE OUT CHINESE”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2013

Open kitchen and fast service.This is owned by the same people who own Mootone Japanese Restaurant next door.Never greasy.Consistently good.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank Elaine W

Boston, Massachusetts
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Delicious Chinese food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2013

I love this Chinese restaurant. Its curry style food is just so delicious and fresh. I will recommend to any travelers.

Visited January 2013
1 Thank Adam W
Andover, Massachusetts
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“I MUST COME BACK”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2013

I ate at Teatone for the first time in my life with a classmate.... can't even describe.... was just delicious! Couldn't stop talking about it to my friend and my kids and my husband.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank Tina L
Andover, Massachusetts
“The Freshest Chinese Food Around”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 January 2012

Strictly take out. They must turn over the stock quickly, because the food here tastes fresher than the typical Chinese take out (see Peking Garden).

• Visited January 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank MattB
Massachusetts
“STAFF NEEDS TO LEARN TO SING HAPPY BIRTHDAY TWICE -- AND WASH!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 November 2010

I have ordered take-out, as well as eaten in, at this authentic Chinese spot along the tracks for almost a decade. The last half dozen times or so, I've said, "never again". Today, I said it again, and I meant it!

My dinner companion and I each left half our meal because it was so poorly prepared and tasted just blah. I had Szechwan Chicken and my dinner guest, the General Tso's Chicken, each with pork fried rice. The Harvard grad owners were savvy when they first opened this spot in Andover many years back. A welcome change from the boring Cantonese fare typically offered in the burbs. Their youngest daughter's advanced artwork -- always displayed prominently on the walls, gave it a progressive and liberal feel, which the locals lauded. Unfortunately, the owners are rarely around, and although they personally never cooked, they hired well -- initially. Unfortunately, the quality and flavor of the food has diminished over the years, precipitiously. The last straw was when I noticed that the kitchen help, each of whom came out front to use the restroom, didn't stay long enough to both flush and wash...just gross and disgusting -- I'll pass from now on and no longer extoll it as being as good as ChiTown fare :(

• 3 of 5 bubbles