“Good Italian” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #12 of 66 Restaurants in Andover
Price range: US$21 - US$30
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly, Bar Scene, Kids, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Boston
“Good Italian”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2014 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

I have been going to the Chateau since I was a kid and the only location they had was a small restaurant in Waltham. They have expanded to a number of location over the years, but I still go there for the fantastic bread, and my favorite - veal parmesan sandwiches. They serve them with crispy thin veal slices and they are excellent. The restaurant can get busy, but they have a huge menu with all kinds of Italian specialties, as well as very good fish dishes. A great casual place to eat.

Visited June 2014

Boerne, Texas
“Good but over priced”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2014

We stayed a the La Quinta nearby and walked here. We ordered a beer and wine. The drinks were pricey. We also ordered the garlic bread which was very good. It was the first time here so I ordered there specialty which is toasted ravioli. It was excellent. My daughter ordered a salad and said it was ok. The service was pretty good. There is a TV at every table which is kind of strange. If yoh want to watch something, you can't hear anything because the music on the speakers is loud. You can also play Keno from the TV. I guess its a Massachusetts thing.

• Visited June 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Bowie
“Close to hotels, convenient, reliable, and delicious”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2014 via mobile

We returned to The Chateau after several years on a rainy raw evening thinking a traditional Italian dinner might be just the thing to help our weather blahs. We were not disappointed. We were seated in a window side booth when asked to be moved as a gentleman next to us seemed to be exuding a strong smell of cigar smoke. We asked and were reseated promptly. I ordered a new item on the menu, Shrimp Primavera, and my husband ordered broiled seafood. We had fried calamari as an appetizer and they along with a side if marinara sauce were scrumptious.
The very large entrees were nicely plated, hot and very generous servings. The primavera contained homemade fusilli pasta, large properly cooked shrimp with broccoli, carrots, red peppers and zucchini as the accompanying vegetables in a delicious garlic sauce. My husband's entree had shrimp, whitefish, and scallops in a red sauce with a side of pasta. We thoroughly enjoyed both dinners and had more than enough left over to take with us for an additional meal along with the crusty Italian bread that we received. We did try dessert, a cannoli and spumoni with chocolate sauce which were fine. Our server was friendly, efficient and helpful and we will return when we are in Andover.

Visited June 2014
Woburn, Massachusetts
“good food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

The food and the service was excellent . first time there- would go back anytime. Had a seat in bar - enjoyed the hockey game as we ate- recommend any of their pasta dishes

Visited May 2014
Upland, California
“Not impressed”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2014

My wife, daughter and I went to this so-called high-end restaurant a day before Mother Day on 10 May 2014. We ordered three different meals to taste a verity of dishes. My order of shrimp Tuscany and sirloin tips was a few dried up shrimps on one stick and 3 burnt tips! The baked potato was served without even sour cream and when I took it home unopened we had to ask for sour cream. Chicken Parmesan for my wife was mediocre but the full shrimp dish for my daughter was better among all.
The service was at par with the food. Actually somebody brings to food from kitchen and it sits near a tiny station till some waiter picks it up. It is cold by that time for my taste. We were not thrilled about the experience and would not do it again. It is expensive for food and service.

• Visited May 2014