“Terrible food but good budget rooms and business amenities”

Courtyard Boston Andover
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Andover
Dublin, Ireland
“Terrible food but good budget rooms and business amenities”
Reviewed 28 July 2013

Stayed here for business. It's basic but fine with good free wifi and comfortable rooms. The problem is the food is really poor and the hotel is very far from town so you have to drive to eat decently.

• Stayed July 2013

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Flint, mi
Reviewed 19 June 2013

Take a look at this hotel on a satelite image map. You'll notice that this place is located in the woods, nice and serene. You'll also notice that this hotel is not far at all from the expressway. You get the best of both worlds. Very convenient, very quiet.

My wife and I stayed at this Courtyard for three nights in June. We didn't hear any kids running about the hallways at all. In fact, we had the whole pool and hot tub area to ourselves around 9:00pm till 10:00pm on a Monday night. This was one of the cleanest hot tubs and pools I've ever used. The water was very clear and not cloudy at all.

If you want to take some day trips to downtown Boston, or head up the Maine coastline, or drive out to Cape Cod, this is a nice "base camp" location to call home for a few nights.

We were lucky to get this three-star rated hotel through Priceline for a steal of a price.

The room itself was a bit small, but it served us perfectly. There was a refrigerator and a nice, large sized flatscreen LG TV with HBO and a good selection of channels. The bed was very comfortable. The soaps and lotions were of good quality. Our room was on the first floor on the perimeter. We parked the car right outside the room (well, about 20 feet away). There was a sliding glass door with a security bar that led to a small, semi-private balcony-sized patch of land (not paved, lots of mulch). The landscaping provided a nice greenspace between the room and the parking lot.

The free Wi-Fi had a strong signal and worked well. Streaming video was a bit choppy, but the speed was fine for searching maps and checking email.

The hotel lobby is nicely appointed, but frankly, we hardly used it. The two computers in the business area with printer access were very handy for printing maps and directions.

Breakfast here was not free, but Dunkin Donuts is just a couple minutes away (that is where we went).

I'd highly recommend this peaceful retreat in the woods.

Room Tip: Perimeter rooms at ground level are handy for loading and unloading many bags from your car.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank flintjarvis
Farmingville, New York
Reviewed 22 May 2013

I stayed at this hotel in September 2012. I want like to comment on how much I enjoyed my stay for a weekend there. The price was very affordable, great room. My thanks to the front desk reception for helping me with directions. I would stay there again if we are in the area.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
Central, NY
Reviewed 5 May 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for business and the Courtyard didn't disappoint, as usual. The price was affordable, staff great, food great, and room clean. The pool and hot tub worked was great also. I'll stay here again if I'm in the area.

Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
San Diego, California
Reviewed 18 April 2013

The Andover Courtyard is the same as Courtyards I've stayed in across the country. And that's not a criticism. The chain is clean, apparently well-run, and dependable.

My only real criticism is the system for serving breakfast at the food bar--it's inefficient, and always leads to long lines of impatient people. But, again, this is not the fault of the Andover Courtyard. It's the same in other sister hotels I've visited. Marriott should look at this.

Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
London, Canada
Reviewed 30 January 2013

We were in Andover for a NCAA visit with our 2 sons and this ws the hotel recommended by Merrimac College.I can see why they do recommend it as it is convenient to everything, reasonable rates and the new little restaurant is excellent. The staff were very freindly and we espcially appreciated the electronic map in the lobby to help us find amentities that we were going to need. We will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
Overland Park, Kansas
Reviewed 24 January 2013

A little tardy in getting this review together...As with most Marriot properties, the service, cleanliness and comfort were outstanding. The desk staff were very helpful in providing directions and suggestions. Although I grew up only a few miles away, it had been a while since my last visit and much had changed over the years - especially the highway system. As a teenager, there were no Interstates but the desk personnel went out of their way to help map out my travels each day. Many thanks for a comfortable stay.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled solo