“Nice place to stay! Nice, new renovations! Would return!”

Courtyard Boston Andover
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Andover
Finger Lakes, New York
“Nice place to stay! Nice, new renovations! Would return!”
Reviewed 21 June 2014

Read a bad review online and was nervous. The hotel has been renovated. The room was nice, clean and comfy. Nice staff. Hotel was convenient. Nice amenities. The bistro was ok. Food was average. Overall the hotel exceeded my expectations and I was quite happy. The cute new couch/loveseat in the room looks great, but sadly, is not practical or comfortable. Bed was great as was desk area. Bathroom had a separate room for the tub/shower and toilet which was convenient. Staff was very friendly. So ignore the bad review. Am guessing it might be for a different hotel. Hope to stay again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Newmarket, Canada
Reviewed 20 June 2014 via mobile

Before i start, the hotel actually has a sticker they put on your bill requesting you review them on trip advisor, i have not been compensated for this in anyway. I found it interesting that they are schleping for reviews.

Any how, on to the hotel. Location is convienent to my corporate headquarters. We usually stayed at the residence inn but over time it has become less desireable. Thus my group booked here

Check in was simple. Room was a king bed. The room was nicely appointed. There is a work area with a pull out desk a nice couch. Bed was oriented front to back not side to side like many hotel rooms. This was quite a nice feature as it decreased the noise from rooms next door. While on the topic of noise, you can quite easily hear people in the room next door. I usually keep the fan on for the AC to kill that noise and it worked here as well. One small problem and basically my only complaint the thermostat is on a motion sensor, if you stop moving the AC shuts off. It makes sense from an environmental perspective but if you like your room cold like i do when i sleep, you wake up in a sweat and it is pretty gross, it also disturbs your sleep pattern. This is a trend i am seeing more and more. The bed was VERY good. It was without a doubt one of the best i have ever had in a hotel.

I have two other minor issues, no complimentary breakfast and the fact that regardless of whether i hung my towels back up or not i still got new ones every day. However i will say that customer service was very good as well when getting service at the onsite bistro. I am uncertain if it is new but they seemed to have corporate trainers onsite to guide them and it almost seemed forced, but it was still very good.

Cost was very much in line with what i expected.

Overall a great hotel and definetly will be my first choice when visiting our headquarters.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 May 2014

Only one issue...no breakfast included. King suite was $139 per night....high with no breakfast and in house bistro is pricy but love the suites...beds and pillows are so comfortable...atmosphere is first rate...relaxing to say the least. Beautiful property. Pool and hot tub are nice. Service is first rate. If you stay here...no regrets...eat at IHOP.

Room Tip: Get a suite if you have kids....extra space is worth it.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank 1Tccchris .
Casey W, Manager at Courtyard Boston Andover, responded to this review, 9 June 2014
Dear 1Tccchris,

Than you for your feedback regarding the Andover Courtyard Marriott. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay!

I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your newly renovated guest room, the pool/spa and overall location.

Thank you again for your feedback. I hope we will see you again soon.
Northampton, Massachusetts
Reviewed 13 April 2014

My family and I stayed at this hotel during the weekend of April 12. We had originally booked two king sized rooms but were able to switch it upon checking in to a king size and a room with 2 queen beds that were adjoining.
The staff were very courteous and professional. The rooms had been recently updated and I loved the carpeting design in the hallways!!! The beds were comfortable to sleep in and also quiet.
We used the swimming pool and hot tub and had both to ourselves for most of the time we were swimming on Saturday evening.

We would definitely recommend and stay here again when we are in the area!!!

Room Tip: We stayed on the third floor near the elevator and ice machine. The pool is on the first floor. We j...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 9 April 2014

Great price, location from the highway (30 miles outside of Boston near the NH border) and friendly staff.
The bathroom could use an update. Toilet bowl was chipped inside the lower bowl and the handle stuck. The room was clean, updated and had modern linen.
Would stay again if I am in the area.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Fredericksburg
Reviewed 31 March 2014 via mobile

I would have given this an excellent review but the first night the guests across the hall were quite rowdy and they interrupted my sleep. Also, they don't have the Bistro staffed appropriately, as yet. My "Starbucks" coffee was great and my food was okay (banana was badly bruised but didn't look that way from the outside) but it took quite long to get service and I wanted also to get water but there was only one guy staffing and the wait line was quite long. Would have liked a complimentary breakfast better. Pricing was okay. As for our room comfort, cleanliness, accessibility, style, and amenities, it was perfect. Was too busy to take advantage of other perks, i.e., gym, etc. but possibly the next time. Pricing was also reasonable. I would recommend!

Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 February 2014

What I love most about this brand is that they appeal more to business travelers and are usually more quiet than most hotels and this was no exception, Great nights sleep! Room has a mini frig which always comes in handy since I prefer to bring my own breakfast food. The location right off 93 worked great for me going into Boston the next day too. Room was spacious and very clean.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo