“Clean rooms, awful service!” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of La Quinta Inn & Suites Andover

La Quinta Inn & Suites Andover
Ranked #7 of 7 Hotels in Andover
Columbia, Missouri
“Clean rooms, awful service!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2011

It's a clean hotel with very clean rooms. The beds were comfortable and I was able to get a good night sleep. My only complaints were the staff, as they were very rude and their fitness room didn't have any equipment that worked.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2011

I usually book my own reservations but his time I was so busy I had our inhouse travel agent do it. I usually stay at the Springhill Suites which is behind the LaQuinta. I have to say, this is one of the worst hotels I have ever been in. I arrived at 9:30 pm to find no one at the desk and the phone ringing. Finally this young woman came down the hall to answer the phone. She passed right by me and never said a thing. She finally checked me in 30 minutes later while she answered the phone.

The room I had was listed as non smoking but it was obviously smoked in. I went to the from desk and she changed me to another room. Smelled the same. The bed was so uncomfortable and their "New Sheets" felt like 20 grit sandpaper. I could go on about everything like the carpet feeling matted to the drain in my bathroom not draining but who cares. Called the Manager twice and still no return call.

I will never stay here again and will tell our travel agent to not to put anyone at this poor excuse for a hotel!

• Stayed March 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank BigBouncingBear

Travellers are raving about these Andover hotels

Enfield, CT
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2011

My family and I have stayed at this particular hotel for the past 4 years in Feb/March for a local dance competition that occurs in that town every year. I'm very sorry to say that this will be our last year staying there. The place is just going down hill fast. It's really seeing little maintenance and upkeep in my opinion. We love LaQuinta's but this one is in need of some TLC and fast. The front desk clerk was very nice but the good times ended there. When we entered our room - you immediately saw the mattresses sunk in the middle - we were with other families staying there and they too also had sunken mattresses. The pillows - well, lets say a brick would have been more comfortable. They also stagger smoking rooms in between non smoking rooms so when you opened your door to the hallway - all you smelled was cigarette smoke - yuck! Even the kids said it smelled yucky! We needed 2 extra towels and were told there weren't any available - they were in the wash. Are you kidding me? They said if we came back in a couple hours they might have some ready. There were only limited towels in the pool area and when asked for more - again, we were told "there aren't any - use your bathroom towels". No towels for the pool and no replacements for using your bathroom towels. Ugh!
The pool was nasty! Little ANTS were crawling along the perimeter of the pool and this is an INDOOR pool. We even looked to see if someone had dropped food nearbye - nothing. Nasty! The safety line in the pool that runs from side to side to let you know where the shallow end and deep end meet was loaded with HAIR all intwined in it - and I mean ALOT of hair - Gross! The kids were even grossed out. We had a couple good years there and enjoyed ourselves back then but as said before - this was our last time staying in Andover.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Blee169
Nutley, New Jersey
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 February 2011

That me first begin the review with saying this is my first time ever staying at a LaQuinta and I will most likely try there brand again, but not at this location.

My wife and I stayed over the hotel President's Weekend. I understand that the hotel was busy, but this should not diminish the quality of service you receive. Check in was pretty smooth. When we got to our room, the door was open. We realized that there was no towels in the room. When I went to the front desk, I was informed rather rudely..."we know, we are very busy, all the rooms haven't been clean yet". She just totally blew me off! I left the front desk without any towels, I found a friendly housekeeper who gave me some towels. Once I got back to the room, I realized we did not have any soap or shampoo. Instead of dealing with the front desk again, my wife and I just used what we had. We also had friends staying there and they had no towels and received the same harsh treatment at the front desk. They also were greeted with an unlock door as well and a dirty towel in their room.

I understand the hotel might be busy and they might get a little bit behind with servicing the rooms, but I can do without the attitude. An apology would be sufficient and the simple request of towels being given to me would have been enough.

Also, for a hotel who does a lot to advertise their breakfast it fell way below expectations. Carbs, carbs, and mor carbs. A little more fresh fruit and variety would have been nice.

On the bright side, the room was clean, the bed was comfortable, the location was great, and it was a good price.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Pittsfield, Massachusetts
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 January 2011

Stayed one night for a concert at Tsongas Arena in Lowell. Clean room, lightning fast check in and %30 less thannearby competition. Chili's and convenience store next door. Easy on/off highway. Decent breakfast and pool looked nice but didn't use. Great place to crash.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled with family
Hawaii
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 October 2010

I stayed at La Quinta during a recent and my son and I were both bitten during the night, sleeping in different beds by something. I brought this to the attention of the front desk staff the next morning. I did look under the sheets but didn't see anything obvious.

I addition, I forgot my coat in the room closet (lesson: never leave stuff in a closed "anything" from now on) and called them and went to pick it up in the afternoon. I couldn't get to it because the front desk staff told me they didn't have a housekeeping key.

As I was staying in La Quinta Salem, NH, the next day, I returned to get my coat (lucky for me I was still in the area). All in all, not exactly a pleasant experience. But I do like La Quinta hotels (I stay with them in the West) so will be back hoping the bug issue has been resolved.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with friends
1 Thank petervee
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2010

I found this property through Travelocity's Secret Hotels. Very similar to Hotwire, only there may be more than one choice per hotel rating with different amenties. Looks like they have renovated the hotel - very clean. Liked that the pool is inside. Excellent location, right off of the highway. Breakfast was decent. Definately a family hotel - would recommend for groups.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Andover
Sonesta ES Suites Andover
SpringHill Suites Boston Andover
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Boston - Andover
Homewood Suites by Hilton Boston/Andover
Courtyard Boston Andover
Holiday Inn Express Andover North - Lawrence

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Andover? Share your experiences!