La Quinta Inn & Suites Boston-Andover
US$176
US$133
SpringHill Suites
US$155
Residence Inn Marriott(Andover)(Great Value!)
US$112
US$146
US$131
US$176
Residence Inn
All reviewswafflesgas stationdunkin donuts across the streetchili's restaurantcontinental breakfastcheck in was easychillifitness centerthe breakfast areacoffee makerindoor poolwe've stayedwould stay here againeasy accessbeds were comfortablenew hampshireboston
Reviewed 26 June 2011

The staff was nice enough to let my family check in at 10 am instead of 1 pm, we headed in a day early for a seminar my husband was attending. When we got into the room, it smelled like old food and feet. We ignored it and did a regular bed bug check and found nothing, then unpacked and headed down to the pool. The pool was being filled with a hose, so it was ice cold. There is also a hot tub, which was lukewarm, not hot, and when I asked them to turn it up, they never did. There also weren't any pool towels there, they only put them out in the morning and run out by 12. They had just mopped the breakfast room when I went into there and didn't have a sign up, when I stepped on the floor I slipped and fell. Back at the room, I put food in the fridge that came with the room, they have it set on a timer to save $ and the timer defrosts at night and got my food all wet and ruined it. I eat organic so that cost me a lot of money, I had food for a 4 day trip in there. The fridge is also very noisy. The room wasn't cleaned a single day I was there, even though I asked and my towels were changed once, the cleaning lady handed them to me as I was walking out! I had to go to the front desk 2x a day to get towels for my family of 4. The towels had stains, and so did the sheets and blankets. And the carpet smells like feet, which I did not like since I have a 1 year old that plays on the floor. In the bathroom, everything looked clean, but when I filled up the tub to give my baby a bath there was dirt floating in the water. The cable goes out everyday for about an hour, that they did warn me about. Oh and my room phone doesn't work. I would give the hotel 1 star but I know that there are worse hotels out there. I honestly can't say that there is a single thing I like about this hotel, I will be staying somewhere else next time I come out this way.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank sarahbrianne429
Reviewed 19 May 2011

It's a clean hotel with very clean rooms. The beds were comfortable and I was able to get a good night sleep. My only complaints were the staff, as they were very rude and their fitness room didn't have any equipment that worked.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 March 2011

I usually book my own reservations but his time I was so busy I had our inhouse travel agent do it. I usually stay at the Springhill Suites which is behind the LaQuinta. I have to say, this is one of the worst hotels I have ever been in. I arrived at 9:30 pm to find no one at the desk and the phone ringing. Finally this young woman came down the hall to answer the phone. She passed right by me and never said a thing. She finally checked me in 30 minutes later while she answered the phone.

The room I had was listed as non smoking but it was obviously smoked in. I went to the from desk and she changed me to another room. Smelled the same. The bed was so uncomfortable and their "New Sheets" felt like 20 grit sandpaper. I could go on about everything like the carpet feeling matted to the drain in my bathroom not draining but who cares. Called the Manager twice and still no return call.

I will never stay here again and will tell our travel agent to not to put anyone at this poor excuse for a hotel!

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank BigBouncingBear
Reviewed 14 March 2011

My family and I have stayed at this particular hotel for the past 4 years in Feb/March for a local dance competition that occurs in that town every year. I'm very sorry to say that this will be our last year staying there. The place is just going down hill fast. It's really seeing little maintenance and upkeep in my opinion. We love LaQuinta's but this one is in need of some TLC and fast. The front desk clerk was very nice but the good times ended there. When we entered our room - you immediately saw the mattresses sunk in the middle - we were with other families staying there and they too also had sunken mattresses. The pillows - well, lets say a brick would have been more comfortable. They also stagger smoking rooms in between non smoking rooms so when you opened your door to the hallway - all you smelled was cigarette smoke - yuck! Even the kids said it smelled yucky! We needed 2 extra towels and were told there weren't any available - they were in the wash. Are you kidding me? They said if we came back in a couple hours they might have some ready. There were only limited towels in the pool area and when asked for more - again, we were told "there aren't any - use your bathroom towels". No towels for the pool and no replacements for using your bathroom towels. Ugh!
The pool was nasty! Little ANTS were crawling along the perimeter of the pool and this is an INDOOR pool. We even looked to see if someone had dropped food nearbye - nothing. Nasty! The safety line in the pool that runs from side to side to let you know where the shallow end and deep end meet was loaded with HAIR all intwined in it - and I mean ALOT of hair - Gross! The kids were even grossed out. We had a couple good years there and enjoyed ourselves back then but as said before - this was our last time staying in Andover.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Blee169
Reviewed 28 February 2011

That me first begin the review with saying this is my first time ever staying at a LaQuinta and I will most likely try there brand again, but not at this location.

My wife and I stayed over the hotel President's Weekend. I understand that the hotel was busy, but this should not diminish the quality of service you receive. Check in was pretty smooth. When we got to our room, the door was open. We realized that there was no towels in the room. When I went to the front desk, I was informed rather rudely..."we know, we are very busy, all the rooms haven't been clean yet". She just totally blew me off! I left the front desk without any towels, I found a friendly housekeeper who gave me some towels. Once I got back to the room, I realized we did not have any soap or shampoo. Instead of dealing with the front desk again, my wife and I just used what we had. We also had friends staying there and they had no towels and received the same harsh treatment at the front desk. They also were greeted with an unlock door as well and a dirty towel in their room.

I understand the hotel might be busy and they might get a little bit behind with servicing the rooms, but I can do without the attitude. An apology would be sufficient and the simple request of towels being given to me would have been enough.

Also, for a hotel who does a lot to advertise their breakfast it fell way below expectations. Carbs, carbs, and mor carbs. A little more fresh fruit and variety would have been nice.

On the bright side, the room was clean, the bed was comfortable, the location was great, and it was a good price.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple