“A Good Value”

Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Andover
A TripAdvisor Member
Albany, New York, USA
Reviewed 1 June 2012

I would recommend this hotel for the casual traveler who is looking for a decent night's stay at a very good rate. The facility looks like it's been recently renovated and was bright and clean - did not have the usual chain hotel smell. Although we did not use the indoor pool, it looked very nice. Hotel is located very close to major highways and was easy to find. The "free" breakfast was simple but wholly adequate (in addition to the usual fare, it had those make-your-own waffle machines). Although there's no restaurant in the facility, it's located within walking distance of two chain restaurants - one local and one national chain. I would stay here again.

Reviewed 1 June 2012

This hotel is the best for location, rooms & traveling with a dog. Tiki loves it when we stay here. We often just go for a weekend to get away & have a little down time. We highly recommend it & stay many times here.

Reviewed 27 May 2012

First of all, note that I booked this hotel for $20, including taxes and fees through Hotwire.com - so needless to say, for such a bargain, I wasn't expecting an awful lot. But let me tell you how this hotel absolutely exceeded my expectations!

When I arrived, the front desk was very friendly and checked my wife and I in with absolutely no mention of how much (or should I say, how little) I paid or how. We were given our room keys and directed how to get to our room. It was room 215 on the second floor. When we got to our room, we were delighted to find that we had actually been given a KING BED SUITE for the evening without asking for one. It also looked like the room had been recently refurbished, as everything looked immaculate and quite new, from the furniture, to the bedspreads, to the TV. We were quite impressed. I can honestly say that I couldn't find one thing about our stay that was subpar in any way. It was obvious that they pay great attention to the little things, and we're very glad we took a chance on such a killer deal!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank figment79
A La Quinta traveler
Reviewed 27 May 2012

Reviewed 1 May 2012

still a good place to stay ,breakfast has improved.a very good value,had service dog with me and had no problems

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 April 2012

I stared here about seven years ago when it was a Tage Inn and gave it a three back then. The property is a lot nice than it was at that time.

The rooms appear to have been redone quite recently and were comfortable and upscale. Workdesk is very nice and there are plenty of plugs for your electronics. Wireless internet worked decently. The bed was pretty comfortable, flat screen TV was nice with basic channels and a couple of movie channels, but selection was a bit limited.

Minor details make this a four rather than a five, even though the rates are pretty cheap. The green and tan carpeting in the room shows dust and dirt and the room was not as clean as it should have been. Not terrible by any means, but there was a lot of visible dust which showed that some areas had not been well-vacuumed. The coffee maker had only one disk of regular coffee (two of decaf) and only one condiment packet. Again, shows housekeeping not paying attention to details.

Included breakfast was quite decent, plenty of seating, not a lot of variety but the pancake making machine was pretty nifty and the pancakes were tasty. There was a high school marching band staying in the hotel and while the kids at breakfast were polite and not noisy, a number of them came into the breakfast room barefoot. I am sure this is a health code violation and should not have been allowed.

If I come back to Andover solo I would happily stay here again. If I were traveling with my spouse I think I would spend a bit more and stay somewhere a bit nicer. But if you are looking to save a little money the place is quite decent.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 April 2012

Stayed here one night before flying out of Boston. Took flight line shuttle the next morning to Logan. It was clean and comfortable and I didn't have to pay the inflated prices in Boston. Will use again.

• Stayed: March 2012
1  Thank Jaydon M
Also consider these accommodations in or near Andover
Sonesta ES Suites Andover
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Boston - Andover
SpringHill Suites Boston Andover
Homewood Suites by Hilton Boston/Andover
Courtyard Boston Andover
Holiday Inn Express Andover North - Lawrence

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Andover? Share your experiences!