“Great value and location”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Andover
Ranked #7 of 7 Hotels in Andover
Falkirk, United Kingdom
“Great value and location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2012

This was my first visit to La Quinta Andover and I stayed for 2 nights on a business trip. It was ideally located for my purposes as the offices were a short drive away. Staff were friendly and helpful, and check-in went smoothly. My room was very large, clean and comfortable with adequate facilities such as fridge, microwave, iron and ironing board, and a large desk which was very useful indeed. The air conditioning unit was a bit noisy bur this did not prevent a good night's sleep. I was awakened by chattering voices quite early on the first morning but this was more due to the two large school parties who were staying than any fault of the hotel itself, although the walls are on the thin side. Breakfast was fine - although the room could get a little crowded - with plenty of choice. I particularly enjoyed the DIY waffles, and it was also nice to have a selection of fresh fruit on offer. The hotel has a small gym and swimming pool but I didn't use either as the weather was so nice I preferred to go for a stroll outside. There are no restaurant or bar facilities but this didn't matter as the adjacent restaurants Chilli and Chateau are both good for a meal and/or a nightcap. Overall this was very good value and I would stay again if I was back in the area.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2012

The hotel was easy to get to and located close to our meeting place. It was welcoming upon arrival and the staff was friendly and helpful. The exercise facilities were a little weak as I was looking forward to using a treadmill for my daily walk since it was raining outside and the elliptical machine isn't my best choice for a replacement.

Breakfast was wonderful with perfect waffles and fresh fruit and juices. The areas were kept clean despite there being two bus loads of foreign students eating breakfast at the same time that we were.

If we are up in Andover, MA again we will definitely stay here as the cost is perfect and the facilities are clean and nice.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business

A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2012

I would recommend this hotel for the casual traveler who is looking for a decent night's stay at a very good rate. The facility looks like it's been recently renovated and was bright and clean - did not have the usual chain hotel smell. Although we did not use the indoor pool, it looked very nice. Hotel is located very close to major highways and was easy to find. The "free" breakfast was simple but wholly adequate (in addition to the usual fare, it had those make-your-own waffle machines). Although there's no restaurant in the facility, it's located within walking distance of two chain restaurants - one local and one national chain. I would stay here again.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family

Lebanon, New Hampshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2012

This hotel is the best for location, rooms & traveling with a dog. Tiki loves it when we stay here. We often just go for a weekend to get away & have a little down time. We highly recommend it & stay many times here.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family

Augusta, Maine
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2012

First of all, note that I booked this hotel for $20, including taxes and fees through Hotwire.com - so needless to say, for such a bargain, I wasn't expecting an awful lot. But let me tell you how this hotel absolutely exceeded my expectations!

When I arrived, the front desk was very friendly and checked my wife and I in with absolutely no mention of how much (or should I say, how little) I paid or how. We were given our room keys and directed how to get to our room. It was room 215 on the second floor. When we got to our room, we were delighted to find that we had actually been given a KING BED SUITE for the evening without asking for one. It also looked like the room had been recently refurbished, as everything looked immaculate and quite new, from the furniture, to the bedspreads, to the TV. We were quite impressed. I can honestly say that I couldn't find one thing about our stay that was subpar in any way. It was obvious that they pay great attention to the little things, and we're very glad we took a chance on such a killer deal!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank figment79
Howland, Maine
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2012

still a good place to stay ,breakfast has improved.a very good value,had service dog with me and had no problems

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Andover
Sonesta ES Suites Andover
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Boston - Andover
SpringHill Suites Boston Andover
Homewood Suites by Hilton Boston/Andover
Holiday Inn Express Andover North - Lawrence
Courtyard Boston Andover

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Andover? Share your experiences!