“It is a perfect place to stay” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel Ani

Hotel Ani
Ranked #46 of 69 Hotels in Skopje
Chicago
“It is a perfect place to stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 January 2010

It is very nice hotel, clean, kindly staf and also location. The rooms are very nice and comfortable and clean. The price is very low for the quality of the hotel and service. I will definitly recomended this hotel and I hope I will come again.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
  • Turkish first
Denmark
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2009

The hotel is hard to find if it was not ffor the Greek embassy across the street it would have been impossible not even the taxi driver knew the way.
Arriving at the hotel was big dissapointment. It was nothing like discribed.
It looks and feels worn out, dark and dirty.

Our reservation did not exist in the book (no fancy computer) even though we had made the reservation directly with the hotel. The combined bartender and hotel host did not care but could give us 2 rooms any way. Since we had less than a day to explore Skopje we took the rooms.

The rooms was just as big a dissapointment as the rest of the hotel.
We got a renovated room at first floor and an old room at the third floor.
Non of the rooms seed ever to have been really finished after any construction or paint job. Wires hanging out of the wall seems to be standard here.

The rooms were extremely dirty. The floors must have been cleaned with the same bucket of water for the last decade. You could see your footsteps walking over the floor. We sweept over the laminate floors with a wet towel. I doubt that it will ever be clean again. The bathroom were just as dirty as the rest. Old toothpaste spit out in the toothbrush cup. Old dirty soap at the shelves. Pee on the toilet seat. It looked like it had not been cleaned properly for years.

The persons working there in tha afternoon and evening could not care less. They miscalculated everything like on purpose. Gave everybody a wrong Euro to Denar rate. In the morning they were quite better.

Price wise it is absolutely not a bargain. We paid €47 pr. room, up front - including avery basic breakfast. The wireless was €5 extra - surprise. (compared to our week in Ohrid in a luxoury room double the size, at €40 incl. first row lake wiew and free wireless)

On tripadvisor they claim theses things that is NOT present: room service, city maps, luggage room, tourist information, private parking, airport shuttle service, restaurant.

Positive things: Very close to center square, Outdoor bar, air conditioning.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank SkyDK

Travellers are raving about these Skopje hotels

Surrey
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 May 2009

Hotel is Cheap, Clean and Cheerful
Its situated in what feels a safe area of the city directly accross from the Greek Embassy.
Breakfast is basic... better to buy some burek from a bakery.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank SurreyMargo
Montreal, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 November 2008

Even armed with all the maps in the world, I don't think it is possible to find this, or any other, hotel on your own in this city. There are no signs in Macedonia--I don't know what that is all about, but I eventually came to it when I told people I was looking for the Greek embassy (it is right across the street from the embassy).

The hotel was clean, and you get the idea that the guys who run it (I saw no women) don't have a ton of experience, since I did not find them to be top-notch professionals. However, I don't mean that in a negative way--I felt more like a friend going home than a customer, and they were very friendly--although not invasive. When I got there I didn't even show my passport, they knew exactly who I was.

Breakfast is included, but was the smallest I have ever encountered--a cup of coffee, some bread, and some jam. It does the job for filling you up though, and for the price of the hotel you certainly cannot complain.

Overall I rather liked this place, and would stay here again if I happen to be headed to Skopje.

• Liked — Value for my money
  • Disliked — Breakfast--but better than nothing, and it was enough to start the day.
  • Stayed October 2005, travelled solo
      Check-in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)