“Highly recommended and very good value for money.”
Review of Hotel City Park

Hotel City Park
Ranked #4 of 71 Hotels in Skopje
Reviewed 5 August 2012

Four of us (2 couples) stayed at this hotel at the beginning and end of our holiday trip through Macedonia. We were most impressed with the very personal friendly service shown to us by all the staff and in particular the very courteous young manager. The hotel is well equipped and well located, not far from the city centre. Rooms were spotlessly clean, modern and had AC. Some rooms have more space than others but even smaller rooms were still very comfortable and quiet, and had a nice enough view of the park opposite. Spacious bathrooms with plenty of towels. Free water offered in your room and basic breakfast provided. Free wi-fi access is also a great bonus. Cafe and terrace for relaxing.This was a great value for money hotel with all the ammenities we needed for duration of our stay.The reception desk was always manned so advice and assistance with local sightseeing and transport was always available. They were very helpful in finding us right transport to other locations and cities we intended to visit. The first class personal client service is noteworthy.The level of care shown by the City Park Hotel staff for their clientele puts a lot of 5 star 'brand name' hotels we have stayed at to shame.

Room Tip: Some rooms facing main street have small balcony, with view to the park opposite. Some suites have b...
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Dorothy J
There are newer reviews for Hotel City Park

Reviewed 23 July 2012

Stayed here for one night only, during a two day stopover in Skopje. I picked the hotel based purely on the positive reviews on Tripadvisor.
The hotel was clean, modern and comfortable, the bathroom was modern and spacious and the room rates competative with the local market. I agree with most of the other reviewers it would always be my first choice of hotels if I ever go back to Skopje.
If I want to be overly critical, the only minor point (and it is a minor point) is that the breakfast is fairly basic, but still good enough to provide a decent start to the day. The centre of Skoje is about a 20 minute walk away but since taxis are so cheap in Skopje, it won't break the bank if you decide to opt for this mode of transport.
There is plenty of parking nearby and although I stayed in a room facing onto the main road, very little noise penetrated the room and we were able to enjoy a very relaxing and refreshing sleep.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Morteeman
Reviewed 10 July 2012

I stayed on business,only one night. Rooms are clean but nothing special. Staff is very friendly. If I compare this place to Holiday Inn, usual place for business stays in Skopje, this one is cheaper, more friendly and pretty good place to stay on business or shorter stay.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank igazic
Reviewed 1 July 2012

we were here during 3 days. The staff is very kind, friendly and they try to help you as much as possible.
The rooms are very small, but offer everything you need. You get free water in the room's refrigerator as much as you need. The bathroom was fine.
The rooms have air conditioning, but this is too cold during night. Without airco, not possible to sleep (35° outside in June), because you cannot leave the window open. On the other side of the road is the city park, where the young locals enjoy their summer evenings with music, drinks,...
Good location to visist the city and its surroundings ( such as Lake Matka). 15 minutes walk to the old town

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank sofie b
Reviewed 28 June 2012

I stayed in the hotel last year while on a short business trip. I liked Skopje and the hotel so much I decided to spend the weekend there this year. You can read my review from last year - the hotel overdelivers on everything. Clean, massive rooms with stylish design (ask for the room overlooking the park, although I think they all do). There are lots of good restaurants nearby and you can walk or take a chea taxi to the city centre. Staff at City Park is super friendly, have to chat to the owner and his son Stefan! From what I can hear, there is no better hotel in Skopje. I would price it higher! Rooms are very cheap! I am coming back next year......

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank AAndrzejczakLondon
Reviewed 21 June 2012

We had the suite on the top floor all I can say is massive compared to every other room iv ever stay in at a hotel clean modern location was pretty good central to everything would definetly stay again very well priced

Stayed: June 2012
1  Thank Buncs15
Reviewed 6 June 2012

I stayed here with two friends for four nights at the beginning of June. We had arranged to be picked up at the airport and this went very smoothly. We later learnt that we had been picked up by Vladimir, father of Steffan, the owner of the hotel. The hotel is modern, the rooms are large and bathroom, TV, Wifi etc were all excellent and worked smoothly. Free water in rooms or provided by reception was very welcome, especially in the heat. The main thing that sets this hotel apart from others I have stayed is the friendliness and efficiency of all the staff - receptionists, waiting staff at breakfast, cleaners and, of course, Steffan and Vladimir. Vladimir drove us to Lake Matka on one of our days there and I would recommend this as a great day trip. Steffan also managed to get us tickets for a handball international, a great way to get into the local atmosphere. All in all I would thoroughly recommend Skopje as a place to visit and, if you do, there is no where else to stay but the Hotel City Park.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends