“Very good value for money”
Review of Hotel City Park

Hotel City Park
Ranked #5 of 71 Hotels in Skopje
Reviewed 4 May 2013 via mobile

4 stars hotel. In front of macedonian main football stadium. 10 minutes walk from the central city square where all main attractions are located. Parking is available in front of the hotel. Modern rooms. Stayed with my wife and daughter at junior suite facing the road. Was afraid that it would be noisy. But in fact sound isolation was quite good. Breakfast was above average and my expectations: good selection of cold cuts of meats and cheeses, fried and boiled eggs, fresh vegetables. I would reccomend them to add natural yogurt to the menu. The staff at the reception was quite helfpul. It took them only my two reminders to finally set up a foldable bed for my daughter-). For the rest, the service was quite good. As an improvement i would suggest them to improve the stability of wifi on the 4th floor.

• Stayed: May 2013

Reviewed 25 April 2013 via mobile

This was a good choice for me of hotel. Its location may not be ideal for some ( its a bit of a walk into the centre) but suited me as I was doing some driving around and the City Park is ideally placed to get on the roads to Kosovo and Ohrid. Rooms were a bit characterless but modern and spotlessly clean and well serviced.

I was a bit unsure about service to begin with ... The staff seemed a bit sullen. However over the few days I was there it became apparent that this wasn't the case, I don't think the staff are naturally 'approachable' but they couldn't have been more helpful and were always ready to give advice or help out.

Breakfast was the only let down. Cold, limited choice and a bit congealed.... They really need to work on this.

However over all I was pleased to have chosen this hotel and would recommend it a a place to stay.

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed 16 April 2013

My husband and I stayed 3 nights at this Hotel City Park in early April this year. We felt that this hotel made our stay in Skopje really worthwhile. The room, location and the breakfast were great, but above all, the staff were incredibly friendly and helpful. We have been to many fascinating places around the world and have stayed in some lovely hotels, but undoubtedly this is one of the best hotels we have ever stayed in, can not recommend it enough!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Zola M
Reviewed 15 April 2013

We stayed in Skopje in the beginning of April 2013. The hotel picked us up for a small fee at the airport (so nice). My first impression of the room was clean, clean, clean. Very nice design, the room and especially the bathroom is better than what it looks like in pictures. The location was amazing, about 10-15 minute walk to city center BUT this is the perfect location for restaurants and bars, many of the best in the city are just around the corner from the hotel. Amazing staff, it rained all day one of our days in Skopje so we got back to our hotel pretty early in the evening, had some tea & beer in the bar and chatted with the staff about Skopje, Macedonia and swapped travel stories. The only thing is that the breakfast is in the basement - last day we asked to take our food up in the bar which was ok and so much better. So I would advise you to do the same. And remember to drink cappuccino in Skopje, its just as good as in Italy!

Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 April 2013

My wife and I stayed 2 nights at Hotel City Park, in Skopje, in early March this year in a weekend getaway to Macedonia.
Skopje, Macedonia’s capital city, is mainly a destination for business travelers as we came to learn on our arrival and, as such, it is usually unfairly overlooked by vacationers on their way to Ohrid, the country’s most popular tourist destination. Skopje has definitely got its hidden gems, such as Lake Matka, Sveti Spas Monastery, the Old Bazaar and even Macedonia Square, with its many new monuments (including a massive statue of Alexander The Great) and pleasant cafes and eateries, so I recommend you include it in your itinerary, ideally for 2 days. I also recommend that you try the local cuisine – there are at least 3 good restaurants 5 minutes’ walk from the hotel.
To get from the airport to the hotel we hired the convenient transfer service offered by the hotel, which will cost you much less than a regular taxi at the airport, and is done by hotel staff on new, spacious hotel cars. It is located across the street from City Park and it is an easy 15-minute walk on flat terrain to Macedonia Square.
The hotel is still new and you can actually see that all facilities are in very good shape. We stayed at a standard room, which displayed new, essential furniture, a minibar, cable TV, air-con/heating, and a somewhat elegant interior design. The room was probably some 20 sqm -- by my standards, spacious enough for a short stay. The shower was excellent, in particular after a long day wandering the streets of Skopje. Breakfast was delicious (I really liked the cold cuts) and the assortment was fairly wide. Hotel staff was extremely courteous and helpful – they did the most for us to have a great stay.
On our first night we were lucky enough to be introduced to Vladimir, the owner. This was probably what made our stay so special. Vladimir went to great lengths to make our visit memorable. Certain places you can only understand thru the lenses of local inhabitants and that is exactly what Vladimir kindly offered us. He took us for a drive to show us the main attractions in and around the downtown area not once, but twice! Thanks to him, we got insights into the rich Macedonian history and had access to some exquisite orthodox churches, one of which with a remarkable wooden carved altarpiece (Sveti Spas).
If during your stay at Hotel City Park you bump into Vladimir, ask to see his collection of painted saucers in an adjoining tea/coffee room – you might even spot ours hanging on the wall, along with many others from travelers from different corners of the world!
We really had a great time in Skopje and were delighted by Vladimir and the staff of Hotel City Park.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 April 2013

It's a small hotel, located near to the city park - not too close to the central square but at acceptable distance (10-15 min walking). My room was very nice and well equipped, with balcony and view to the park. Car parking is in front of the hotel and is secured. The hotel's staff is very friendly and helpful. In the rooms there have free internet with good speed, also free is the water in the minibar (admiration for this). Morning breakfast is very good - eggs, salads, toasts, a lot of meats and cheeses.

Room Tip: Choose a room with balcony, it's not noisy.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 March 2013

This small boutique Hotel is a confortable place where to stay while in Skopje. Rooms are new and very clean. Free wifi is available in all the building. Breakfast is not very various but fair. All the personell is really kind and has helped us in everything. The hotel offers a private service to airport fo 15 euro (Local Taxi costs around 25).
The Hotel has no restaurant but in the roads closed by we found dozen of places where eating. The location is quite close to the city center of Skopje (10 min walking) and a taxi station is right in front of the hotel. If we will return to Skopje this will be our place!

• Stayed: February 2013