“Simply excellent!”
Review of Hotel City Park

Hotel City Park
Ranked #5 of 71 Hotels in Skopje
Reviewed 31 August 2013

It has never happen to me, to write a review for an hotel just after being 10 minutes in my room...and giving the highest score!! But here I am.
I arrived at 11AM, so obviously my room wasn't ready yet, but at the reception they told me that it would have been just a 10 minutes waiting. Of course not a problem at all, I appreciated their prompt reaction, but on top of this they offered me a drink in their, beautiful, terrace, because they feel sorry for keep me waiting!!! Simply outstanding!
Rooms are excellent and price/quality is great. Nice location just few steps from the main park and very close to Skopije's city centre.
One more thing: since I parked the car in a wrong place, a guy took my keys and parked it properly...really I felt pampered from the very moment I stepped into this hotel.
This will become my first choice whenever I'll be here.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Olmo75

Reviewed 30 August 2013

We were staying in this hotel for 3 nights and will absolutely come back. Everything was perfect, I can`t say a word against anything. The staff was perfect, they were very friendly, they even brought us free water to the car when we were prepairing to go to some trips.
A parking place is right in front of the hotel, it seemed realy safe.
The rooms are spacious, clean, nice decorated, there is free wi-fi.
The hotel in not far from the old part of city, which is another good thing. And there is a ZOO in the neighbourhood.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 August 2013

Τhe hotel is very well located, the staff speaks very good English and are very helpful and polite, the room was very clean and the breakfast quite good. The only negative that I found was the fridge in the room ,it does not freeze at all, also the wifi signal was not very stable, I found it a bit expensive for its class compared to other hotels in the city but it includes parking space .Very easy to find, Opposite from the stadium and very close to the zoo.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 July 2013

The staff were friendly and welocomming. Fast check-in procedure. Our room was really spacious and well equiped. We had all we needed during the stay. Cleanlines very good. Modern furniture. Good and tasteful breakfast. The location was grat, just in the heart of Skopje and not far from histocric city center but the streets around are rather very loud. Overall very good price/service ratio.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 July 2013

This is one of those boring reviews where there is nothing nasty to say and I can't think of even a constructive criticism. The decor and rooms are not exceptional but the minimalist style of the rooms is atrractive enough and the view over the park is lovely. What is exceptional is the helpfulness and friendliness of everyone we came across there: you did not have to ask- your wishes were anticipated and exceeded. The hotel is an easy walk to the centre but its situation between the park and a great restaurant area is a major plus. Sorry, still can't think of anything bad- whole-heartedly recommended. And the breakfast was very good.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 July 2013

I stayed in City Park for one night, and the hotel was a lot better than I expected. The rooms were fresh and new, our superior (=comfort) double room very spacious. The wifi was a little bit unstable.

The staff was incredibly nice and friendly, breakfast good. I also recommend to take the hotel's transportation to/from airport, as the car was very nice and clean with seat belts, which is not the case with local taxis (but still affordable).

The only thing I wondered about, are the not too nice table clothes in the breakfast room. The hotel is so stylish and trendy decorated, I can't really match these table clothes with the rest.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 July 2013

Not only did we get a friendly welcome from the owner on arrival, we found the decor of the rooms modern, clean and cool (in hot weather!) The hotel was exceptionally helpful in arranging taxis and providing other information. It does not have a restaurant but there are many lovely restaurants within 5 minutes' walk. There is a breaksfast room, though, serving hot and cold food.
If you want good service where the staff really work hard to look after guests, this is the one for you!

Room Tip: No tips are necessary. Even the rooms facing the main road (with views over the football stadium an...