Shanti Hostel
Stone Bridge(Skopje)
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Gold(Skopje)
View Hotel
All reviewsthe bushome away from homecommon roomcommon placesocial atmospheredorm bedsmajor shoppingcleaning staffcommon areasrail stationgreat place to stayfree breakfastjust like homeprivacy curtainscozy placeminute walktea coffee
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 21 July 2014

I arrived in Skopje at 4am and without a booking, and the guy at Shanti was wonderful -- he let me sleep on a couch and use the wifi, and then checked me in for the following night after breakfast. Felt at home right away. They've got a small but pleasant common area, and a kitchen with a fantastic selection of tea. I liked the curtains around the bunk beds, too. Two suggestions to improve this hostel: get your own maps (the free Skopje city map is huge and unwieldy) and somehow change the staff schedule. About the latter: the staff work 24-hour shifts, which means that a lot of guests only deal with one or at most two staffers during their stay (most people do Skopje quickly). The first guy I met was amazing, and the second was arrogant and kind of off-putting. I was there for two days but people staying a shorter time base their impression of the staff on only one person.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 14 July 2014

This is quite a nice hostel in a residential area of skopje. The rooms are clean, with some nice touches like curtains on the dorm beds, and the atmosphere is generally quite relaxed and pleasant. It was very easy to find from the bus station and is quite close to the centre of Skopje; it was also very good value considering that breakfast was included in the price (£7 a night). Only small problem was that there was no one at reception when I arrived.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 8 July 2014

I only stayed here for one night but it was a pleasant stay - really good showers, good kitchen, friendly staff, excellent wifi connection, free towels,huge lockers, good location near the bus station and the close to the centre of town with a supermarket across the road.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 July 2014

We arrived late and they received us with their arms open, they did lots of things for us as we didn't know much about Macedonia and the places we where going to next. the guy at reception was a 10 (very nice guy). I totally recommended!!

Room Tip: theres one with a terrace which is the one for 4.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 June 2014

hello, i finished my Balkan tour yesterday and eventually came to home. Skopje was a my last stop during my travels. as every student, i also searched and looked at the hostel rating. the leading websites on hostel like hostelworld, hostels etc., show you the rates of hostels, while this hostel is located at the top of the list of hostels. my advice to those who plan to visit to Skopje is that do not believe the rating of the website!!!
I arrived the Shanti Hostel in 18th June at morning from Montenegro. The just one plus of this hostel is that it is very close to the main bus and railway station. you can go by walking there close 10 min. however, it is far away from the center of the city almost more 2 kilometers. Also, it is really like its name is located among shanty buildings. it is so complicated to find hostel especially at night. i lost several times and local people do not speak English. and i should add my last point: the owner of tbe hostel is Peter. he is so miser that when we were watching the football match Crotia-Camerun, he switched off all lights and no sound. I'm sorry but it is vert ridiculous !!! it is your choice to go or not. but i advise you to reconsider this conditions!!!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo