“The First hostel in my life”
Review of Hi Skopje Hostel

and 1 more site!
Hi Skopje Hostel
Yerevan, Yerevan, Armenia
“The First hostel in my life”
Reviewed 14 January 2014

Hi Skopje is an excellent hostel in Macedonia, Skopje. That was the first hotel which I visited in my life and I have positive memories from there. It has a very comportable yard, wich chairs and table. The administrator is a wonderfull person. I lost my mobile accidentely and she did her best to find it and returned it to me. That was wonderful) Visit it you will like it a lot)

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
  • Polish first
Larnaka City, Cyprus
Reviewed 30 December 2013

Where do I start? Went to Hi Skopje Hostel just for a week with my friend and ended up staying for 5 weeks!
Such a friendly, warm and welcoming place with reasonable prices. The second I walked in, I fell in love with the place! Very clean rooms and clean towels can be provided everyday free of charge for your use during your stay.
Was welcomed by the ladies who run the hostel (Marina and Sandra) and I knew that it would be a good experience! And Ole and David who also run the hostel has been very helpful and friendly with us along with Marina and Sandra. Many days we didnt even bother to go out as our nights at hostel have been full with joy and laughters, considering there are always new people coming in everyday from all around the world. AHH I have to mention the little boy of the hostel, Zhile! Such an adorable, friendly doggie of Marina, he can just take all your stress away within seconds with this adorable gaming tactics! The hostel staff can order you food as you wish and call you the safest and cheapest taxis in town and also can arrange you transportation to airport and to other towns in Macedonia. From my personal experience, the Hostel is for everyone, ie, couples, single travellers and group of friends. It does not matter where you from and what you are, the staff will welcome you and do their best to make sure that you are happy and satisfied during your stay. I highly recommend Hi Skopje Hostel without a single doubt. I can not wait to go back to Skopje, Macedonia again!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Elias1994Cyp
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 2 December 2013

Bunk beds were clean and extra blankets were provided (it got quite cold at night). Lockers in the dorm room are big enough that I fit my Jansport backpack in with room to spare.

David, the owner's husband, was helpful in describing how to get to the city centre (a 15-min walk away) and what to see. He also called taxis for me from the cheaper companies, although all taxis in Skopje are cheap by North American standards.

Breakfast was simple (coffee, tea, pastries, cheese and some fruits) but filling. Serve yourself and wash your own dishes.

Room Tip: If you're travelling in the off-season, book a bunk bed (9 EUR) and you may get the full dorm to...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 November 2013

The hostel environment has been created with a lot of heart and character from the managment. It's clean, comfortable and imaginatively decorated - it's no wonder that the nice open areas are so sociable and lively!

The management treat each and every guest like a friend, and go out of their way to ensure that you are happy and enjoy your stay. They are all genuine "people persons", very positive, and this really makes the place invigorating to stay. I stayed in thick winter, and would love to come back in the summer to hang out in that lovely garden!

The only downside of it being so comfortable, and there being so many nice and interesting people to chat to is that I saw less of Skopje that I expected, as I barely left the hotel!

10/10, I really hope that I get to come back here.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
Poznan, Poland
Reviewed 13 November 2013

Fantastic place with great staff (both David and his colleague). Warm welcome, great knowledge and advices about Macedonia and Skopje. Hostel is situated in quiet, residential area about 15 minutes walk from city centre, everything is clean and nice. Hostel has big and nice garden! I can't wait to visit Hi Skopje and Skopje itself in the future.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed 16 October 2013 via mobile

This hostel is fantastic, one of the best I've been in. It's super clean and new, the staff are all really nice, the internet is fast and stable, there's a nice common room, the kitchen is clean and fully stocked and there's two supermarkets close by. The only downside is that it's a little bit further from the centre than other hostels but taxis are so cheap (or you can walk) that it doesn't matter.

Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 October 2013

As soon as we arrived we were given a very warm welcome by the lady on the front desk (I'm not going to be able to spell her name correctly but she's a writer and an expert in Macedonian literature!!) who was very helpful and answered our many questions about Skopje and the surrounding area.

Brilliant and very large room with a really comfortable bed! We slept so well that we woke up really late almost every day! When we did get out of bed, we discovered what Skopje had to offer and were very impressed.

Skopje is, without a doubt, one of the most unique cities I have ever visited. The central square definitely makes an impact! Lots of bright, bold and colourful statues and some really interesting architecture. So much to see and do. Skopje Museum (the old rail station) is fascinating and we were very lucky to meet an amazing tour guide who we spoke to for nearly two hours!!!

Would definitely recommend a day out to Canyon Matka which has some superb walks and views. A visit to the Millennium Cross is also worth doing and the Holocaust Museum offers a fascinating but sobering insight into what happened to the Jewish population of Skopje and Macedonia.

Finally, we had some lovely evenings chilling out in the garden finding out more about Skopje from the hosts. We also got to meet the extremely cute Gille (probably spelt incorrectly) a very friendly golden retriever who visits the garden every now and again!

All in all a great stay. Thanks for everything guys!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple