“Nice food and coffee”

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast
Skopje, Republic of Macedonia
“Nice food and coffee”
Reviewed 1 March 2013

The crepes are great! very good salty crepe is the "Montagnarde", with camembert cheese and bacon - delicious. I also tried a sweet crepe "Bretonne" with caramel and caramelized apples.
Bourgogne white wine went perfectly with all of this !

Strongly recommend !

3 Thank Benjamin O

• Turkish first
Skopje, Republic of Macedonia
“Delicious France!!!”
Reviewed 27 February 2013

Skopje finally got a place that offers something different and at the same time so delicious.Junction of lovely soft French music and interior design giving you the feeling that you are in France.
Lavazza coffee is something that will bring me back to this place definitely. Also I liked the traditional French crepe with caramel and Crepe Montagne.

4 Thank Ema C
Penarroya-Pueblonuevo, Spain
“Coffee’s bad, crepes even worst”
Reviewed 21 February 2013

What do you expect when you go to a place called Coffee & Crepes?
A poster outside invites you to try their Lavazza Coffee which “they are proud of” . Inside, the menu challenges you to test their caramel crepes saying that they have a homemade caramel that is so good that you will have to admit you’ve never tasted anything better.
Well, the coffee is awful (Lavazza should send some inspectors around to see what people claim to be proud of), and that’s a problem that Skopje knows very well.
But the crepes are something different. Part of the caramel is homemade, and it’s made so that it cannot be called that name. Caramel is a simple thing, it’s sugar and water basically, but some sugar and some water mixed together do not make a caramel. Then they have a caramel topping, which is a toffee version of the caramel, and it’s ok, but it’s an industrial product that you can normally buy in any supermarket.

It’s sad, but this place will never see me again.

2 Thank Gordie R
Noeline M, Owner at Cafe Crepe, responded to this review, 26 February 2013
Dear Madam,

First of all thanks for your review. I need customer feedbacks in order to further improve.

I am Noeline, the French owner/manager of this place which has just opened a couple of weeks ago. I am originally from Britanny in France where crepes are a traditional dish and I opened this place to share my passion for crepes.

I have to say that your feedback makes me sad and surprises me since customers are giving extremely good feedbacks so far . We see most of our customers returning to the café on a regular basis, either for the crepes or the Lavazza coffee.

I would be very interested to meet you to further understand your impressions. I would just like to make the following comments for clarity sake:
• -We use do not industrial products (!!!). The caramel is a home made French (Britanny) preparation with salted butter (the one you call “toffee”). We are importing the premium butter from France especially for it.
• -The traditional preparation of the crepe involves first a “Beurre Sucre” (Butter and sugar) then only our home made caramel as a topping. This is probably where the confusion comes from.
• -Our café is one of the only non-franchised café in Skopje offering real Grand Lavazza coffee imported from Italy. It is very different and way better than the Classic Lavazza imported from Bulgaria that many cafés offer in Skopje. The Lavazza trainers have been with us on regular basis since the opening a couple of weeks ago. We have several customers coming to the café every day especially for the taste of the coffee.

You can call me on the number mentioned in the page and I can invite you for a crepe & café so I can better understand your feedback and so you can see the ingredients & preparation process– it will really help me. Apologies for this - I just hope it was a very specific incident and this is why I want to meet with you!

Thanks,