“Excellent meal, excellent service, excellent ambience”
Review of Veneto

Veneto
Ranked #49 of 281 Restaurants in Skopje
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 9 April 2014

This bar restaurant offers the opportunity to have an excellent meal in very nice surroundings. It has good views of the surrounding areas, albeit no River Vardar view. Its only (minor) drawback is that it is located some 2 and a half kilometers away from the main city center (the tourist visitor might not seek it out)

1  Thank Paul_Hagouel

Reviewed 7 April 2014

While this is a huuuuge challenge to find a satisfactory place to eat in Skopje, that is clean (world class clean, not local clean) and tastefully decorated, with great music and yummy attractive and inspiring FRESH food, Veneto offers it all and MUCH MUCH MORE! Their Chef is a world-class league and so is the food. Great composition of taste and texture, spices and herbs. Quite brave selection in the menu. Beautiful presentation. Mind-blowing desserts. Great drinks. Very reasonable prices. For this quality in this city, one could say crazy low prices.

So far, we enjoyed 7 dishes there and I would not recommend the hamburger as it is far below the skills of the Chef for my taste. But the rest - it makes you consider licking the plate! Soo good.
4 out of 4 desserts we had there were almost as good as sex ;) Well, maybe I am exaggerating a bit - but supper tasty and beautiful.

Amazing, friendly service with great English, helpful and discrete. Leads you through the menu to make sure you make the best choice for yourself. Food is served quickly, warm and ready for you to dig in.

If you are a vegetarian, it may not be the place for you, luckily, I am not and I LOVE IT!!

Thank you, Guys, for doing such a great job! <3

Reviewed 28 January 2014 via mobile

In my opinion, it has the best food in Skopje.

I especially like the squid, octopus and the steak.

The atmosphere is quite pleasent as well with some nice views if you sit on the terrace or next to the windows.

Reviewed 15 December 2013

Is the interior design all that matters once you choose a place to eat ? Hell no! SO this place almost only good thing is nice atmosphere and location. The Menu looks good but does not taste as it looks. But what sucks the most is the service! Namely, already few weeks ago we sat with my mother and my 3 year old daughter and ordered 1 salal, 1 portion of grilled squid and 1 portion of macaroni something for my daughter. We waited 1 20 min and got wrong order. We got PLUS1 macaroni each ! Did we look giant or starving kids? After i said this is wrong, they took bact the 2 portions of pasta and said its not a problem. Was kinda soothed as they took kit back without a big fuzz but when the bill came, situation changed, the put all in so i reacted. The waitress insisted i pay everything so i asked to talk to the menager. He never came so i had to go to him and observe his negligence while he was pretending to look at sth important on the laptop. He said the same as the waitress did. However i did not pay the sum they wanted, I was obliged to didact the 2 pastas and leave that much as i ordered and without a tip OF COURSE !

4  Thank Venera S
Reviewed 9 December 2013

So, where do I start from? I chose the restaurant for my husbands party, so I made a reservation beforehand with instructions about the cake which was supposed to be a surprise. When we got there the table wasn't ready, so we sat there and waited, until they prepared the table. I kinda sensed that the waiters were clueless about my reservation, so I kinda found a slot on my husbands cigar break to tell them AGAIN about the surprise and he said everything will be just like I want.
So, we waited for the food, which surprisingly, compared to previous time I had been there, arrived faster. When we were done eating our 1st and 2nd course, another waiter came and he was like, what do u want for desert.. I was surprised, and couldn't say a thing as not to ruin the surprise and my husband ordered, but I thought that they knew, maybe was part of a game or smth.
Turns out the deserts came, nothing of the surprise cake, my husband found out what i had planned, and it totally ruined the day. When I told the waiter the worst was that no apology, not ways to make it up were offered, just the waiter was going like, I took over the shift from the previous waiter, so i am not the one to blame. He then brought the bill and didn't even mention the mistake, as if nothing had happened. This made me furious so I asked to see the Manager, which was nice and apologizing, but it was too late.

To sum up, the restaurant looks nice, is at a good place, the food is good, but the service sucks. It will totally ruin your day

3  Thank IggyF