Continental
Solun Hotel & SPA(Skopje)
US$93
US$79
US$52
US$50
US$55
Hotel Vila Silia(Skopje)(Great Value!)
US$35
US$31
Hotel Rose Diplomatique(Skopje)(Great Value!)
US$35
US$33
City Boutique Hotel(Skopje)(Great Value!)
US$58
US$28
  • Room Service
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 20 June 2014

After reading other reviews saying this Hotel was excellent, I did more research, as we found it totally opposite. Seems some areas are renovated. Not the 2nd floor!! Ended up with single beds, a bathroom with water on floor from leaking basin or bath, no shower screen over bath, shower head was broken so could not adjust and had to use it at shoulder height. You can imagine the mess! And hairs in the bath!! Beds had one euro rubber pillow that was so high and hard. And more!
We had dinner included. Soup was thrust in front of us and they hovered behind us with an unappetising, chicken and chips and a plate of very limp salad (an attempt at a Western meal I guess) , before we could have a few mouthfuls. Same with desert. Breakfast was again very ordinary. Considering we had heard how fantastic Macedonian food was, and experienced it outside the hotel, it was most disappointing.
I have been reviewing for years, and this is my first negative one ever!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank deanbO1363QG
Reviewed 23 May 2014

My flight was canceled one night and the airline put us up here. The outside looked a little shoddy, but once inside, I was SUPER impressed. The room was amazing. Really nice and update. Really comfortable bed. We also had food vouchers from the airline, so I ate in the hotel. Nice Macedonian meal. The dining room was nice as was the outdoor patio area. If I was looking to get married in Skopje, I think this would be the place. As a tourist hotel, its a little far from the center, but that would be my biggest complaint. Great staff too! Didn't pay (the airline did) but I would say it was worth $120 usd a night.

Room Tip: I gather that some rooms are renovated like ours, but not all are. Maybe ask if you could get a renovated one?
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Ali C
Reviewed 30 March 2014

It is a hotel that has some old time charm about it.Location is good,although a bit away from the city centre.Skopje being a small city,it is of little consequence,in fact It is a short walk. Otherwise there are plenty of taxis available.The hotel is being refurbished,quite a number of rooms and area have already been done.The staff are very friendly and willing to help all the time.Although there was free WI Fi,was unable to connect,could not get a suitable reply.Apart from that the stay was comfortable. Rooms over look the city.With plenty of rooms and area,it is a good place for functions and conferences..

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank ChandraS3
Reviewed 12 January 2014

I accidentally had to spend one night there, due to a cancelled flight.
This hotel used to be a highly valued place in Tito's times, but ever since, other than reception area probably, no one thought of renovating it.
It is often used by airlines to put in their stranded passengers, which probably brings enough business to the hotel, so they don't have to bother about something else.
To be fair, the room was clean and there was free Wi-Fi everywhere.
But, it would really need a thorough renovation. During Tito's times, it probably was a very fancy location, but those times are gone since long.
Restaurant too, shows its age in terms of both staff and style. But again, to be fair, for a one night shelter, you can get a warm food and a cold beer - good enough.
And speaking about the reception area, as I arrived quite late, I needed to buy a toothbrush and a razor. Which they did not have at the reception.
And as the hotel is not that close to commercial area etc, one of the staff at the reception, suggested to call me a taxi.
Well, I have nothing against with them helping a friend, but not when a petrol station is just 2-300 meters away, behind the corner, where I could buy these things, without paying a taxi fare too.
I would not have a problem paying a few extra dinars, but dislike being offered services that I don't need.
Finally, this is definitely not the place I would choose to stay in, as long as I could choose, but if it happens to end up in it for a night, it offers a fair accommodation.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank nifcons
Reviewed 8 January 2014

I stayed at the Hotel Continental as part of a conference/workshop that was held in September, 2013. Having read the reviews I was really dreading the stay... However, I was pleasantly surprised. Parts of the hotel have undergone extensive refurbishments and these were of a very high standard, both in the rooms and common areas. The bits that have not been refurbished in the common areas are very old-school though and definitely in need of refurbishment (e.g., the furniture and curtains in the parts of the restaurant). It was a great conference/workshop so I must say that I did enjoy my stay. Location-wise it is too far away from the city centre though and that would be my main complaint.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business