Hotel Rose Diplomatique
Good 3.5/5
Kapistec(Skopje)
Hotel Duvet(Skopje)
Great 4.5/5
All reviewscity centrefelt like homeminutes walkingspecial thanksnice gardensmall hoteldouble roomthe busapartmentguesthousesquarealexander
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 28 August 2013

We spent one night in this hotel in the context of an 18-days trip (15 hotels) through the western Balkans. On the positive side: the comfortable rooms (we had a double bed suite), nicely decorated with original items, creating an “at home” feeling; the location, not too far from the city centre, on a quiet side road; the warm welcoming and the friendly attention provided by the reception staff; the very rich breakfast buffet (although we were just two parties in the hotel); closed parking space; low prices. Potential for improvement: No cosmetics in the bathroom, except for two hair shampoo sachets; a shower head close to its technical end-of-life; a very narrow top sheet for the double bed, not enough to cover two people; a huge TV set, but not visible from the bed. All in all a very nice stay.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
8  Thank Konstantin F
Reviewed 11 August 2013

We stayed in one of the two 'suites' so had enough room; otherwise, I think the rooms might be a bit cramped. The bathroom was big enough, and the shower was generous, although a bit slippery. The room had an A/C which is good because it was very hot. Comfortable seating area and a large flat-screen TV with access to lots of satellite chanels in many languages.

The breakfast was find, but I can't recommend the dinners. There are other restaurants in the area though, so it's easy to find something else.

Parking is *very* restricted; the hotel has two spaces, and there might be one on the street if your timing is perfect.

The service was perfect; friendly, warm, english-speaking, and helpful. They obviously take very good care of their customers. We may well go back.

Room Tip: splurge on the suites...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Robin C
Reviewed 14 June 2013

We stayed three nights. It is extremely difficult to find, around a series of very narrow one way streets and set down below street level. I had to park my car and walk several blocks and ask several people for help before I found it. It is close to the Catholic Cathedral (which is quite small) off a main road and is within a short walking distance of the main square. They provided free parking which is a nice perk as the parking is very difficult and crowded on the street. They have a very small gated lot about one door down from the hotel. The staff was the best of any hotel we stayed at in the Balkans. They jumped in to take bags to and from the room, made calls to obtain cabs, provided restaurant recommendations and day-trip recommendations. Breakfast was in a very pleasant environment with a nice complement of cereals, breads, meats, cheeses and eggs. Our room for two was very large, more like an apartment, and had a nicely functioning air conditioning unit.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Robert C
Reviewed 15 May 2013

13 friends from Norway booked Rose Diplomatique for four days while visiting lovely Skopje. We were satisfied With Our stay and the quiet and charming athmosphere with a personal style both of the rooms, the breakfast teacups and the service. This was real luxury with no plastic fantastic like big new hotels. When the cabs had problems to find the hotel in the street of Rosa Luxemburg, this is a well hidden treasure of the city. Everyone was happy with the stay so thank you very much! Why pay for a Fitness center when you can walk to the square!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank Johan E
Reviewed 29 April 2013

Never have I stayed somewhere that has treated me like family as they Did here. Arrive via cab who ripped me off. (NB cab should be 15 euro) and the guy was more upset than me. Also left my phone in the cab. They called it for an hour and even called the police. Finally got my phone back. That's going the extra mile! The hotel is not modern, it's more like staying at your aunties 3 story home with its own balcony. Very cute! I was met at the stairs for breakfast...coffee was hot and ready...my table was set and my food ready. I left with a warm feeling. Thank you rose diplomatique!

Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo