“this is macedonia, don't expect high standard”
Review of Stone Bridge

Stone Bridge
Ranked #26 of 71 Hotels in Skopje
Reviewed 11 April 2014

Me and my wife spent 3 nights and we enjoyed the hotel. Seriously don't expect the hotel to be 5star-quality. Also I would expect ALL 5star hotels in the city to be of lower standard than average 5star.

Rooms towards the big square is nice, great view. Service is awesome when requested for it.
The showers are catastrophic, its small shower stand alone booths where they have radio sound etc. The water was luke-warm, no really hot showers here. Water pressure on 2nd floor is ok, on 3rd floor is worse.

There is a swimming pool, but the room is almost as small as the pool. The sauna is also basically a booth. Both swimmingpool and sauna are not inviting.

we had some problem with heating in the rooms since it was still quite cold during the nights. We were changed to another room when requested, no fuss at all.

Location is the best thing about the hotel.

Room Tip: would recommend any of the rooms on 2nd floor towards the big square. make sure the room heating/AC...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 25 January 2014

I stay in the Stone Bridge Hotel whenever I am in Skopje, i.e. a couple of times a year. I have always found it an excellent choice: Relatively good value (they have a special weekend rate), great location with nice views, very helpful and efficient staff, it is clean and very well maintained.

The building work has now finished, so nice is no longer an issue and the whole neighbourhood has been revamped, even though some may find the style a bit overdone. Breakfast is not your standard international affair but a Balkans/Turkish buffer, which I quite like, though it may not be to everyone's taste. The decor is rather pleasant and cosy, at least to my taste.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the Stone Bridge and city centre, rather than one on the side of the h...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 November 2013

Rooms are neat, with a great view of the bridge, and close to some nice restaurants. Oh, and the toilet papers smells nice.
But...staff are incredibly noisy outside rooms - they play music, have fairly vocal arguments, and seemed to spend the entire day gossiping at the top of their lungs right outside my room. A few requests to tone it down did not help.
Breakfast is edible but not particularly inspired or inspiring.
No tea making facilities in rooms - is this a Skopje thing?
Showers are complicated to operate, and work nothing like the instructional diagrams they put up.
Inconsistent room service - sometimes I got a face cloth, sometimes not. Sometimes I got a big bath towel, sometimes not.
Mattresses too soft, and someone needs to do something about the dog living somewhere outside who barks all.night.long.
When I checked in they were busy renovating the outside of the hotel - so for the first week of my stay I literally had 5 workmen peering into my window, every day. I was told they could change my room, but I would lose the view of the bridge (well, yes, except I had no view of the bridge - I had a view of 5 workmen.)
Still, better than the other option I've tried in Skopje.

Room Tip: Don't pick a room on the 5th floor - it seems that is where staff congregate and make the most n...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 September 2013

The room faced the Stone Bridge and the square with a LOT of nice and large fountains. We were blown away by the unexpected beauty, but we only had time for one night, or we certainly would have stayed longer. I'd like to go back as the archaeological museum is next door.

The room was clean and comfortable. A mark of a well trained staff is their service especially when things go wrong. When we checked in, I discovered the tilt and turn window did not turn. The front desk immediately sent a repairman who determined it could not be repaired. We were immediately relocated to another room. Great staff. Restaurant was beautiful, and the breakfast was nice.

Best place in town to stay.

Room Tip: All the rooms are good, but the higher the better.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank RandyKasal
Reviewed 10 September 2013

Unless my bedroom was the single exception in this hotel, you will sleeping on a slab of concrete covered with sheets. Airconditioning doesn't work so you either freeze to death at night or lie in a sweltering sweaty mess. Awful breakfast, terrible choice of television channels and cleaners who believe that "Do Not Disturb" means standing outside your door shouting as loud as possible at colleagues. I pity anyone who has to experience a four star hotel or less in Skopje if this is an example of a five star. Utterly terrible.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
5  Thank Nick C
Reviewed 31 August 2013

Although it is not a five star hotels is among the decent options when it comes to travel in the capital city of F.Y.R.O.M . .Room was clean and I had a view to the stone bridge (teh hotel is very close to the central square of Skopje ) .Breakfast was served in their roof top restaurant and it was ok .

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 August 2013

The room was comfortable and clean. Bathroom had a silly, "fancy" shower with too many I-don't know-what-for buttons. None of them worked, but shower did and it was ok, huh..
AC was blasting very cold air and it wasn't possible to adjust the temperature. They said it's broken and the only option was to be turned off. I understand summer days are very hot in Macedonia, but the AC was unbearable especially at night. So, yes, I had a terrible sleep and also in the morning I was greeted with a terrible buffet breakfast too. Few options for cereal, low quality juice and plenty of fried, soggy vegetables and omelettes. Awful! I sometimes ask myself is it really that difficult for a hotel to provide just a decent quality of ingredients for something simple like BREAKFAST??? Would not visit again.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple