“Oh my gawd!”

The Diner at Bagels By Us
Ranked #4 of 7 Bakeries in Arlington
Price range: US$5 - US$10
Reviewed 8 March 2010

While the bagels to go here are very good (they are essentially H&H Bagels from New York City), their restaurant is AWFUL!! Having grown up in New York,I love a good breakfast place. Since the bagels were good,I had high expectations here. What can I say? Forget this place.

We went the other morning. Dirty dishes covered many of the tables, while the two waitresses giggled and gossiped by the coffee stand. After ten minutes we got a menu. It took another 10 minutes to get coffee. The breakfast itself was lousy. My over easy eggs were runny, the homefries were mostly uncooked, the bacon was undercooked.

You want a good breakfast, head for one of the diners in Watertown.

1  Thank thereyougo

Reviewed 23 March 2009

Why do I go here? The bagels. And what else? The bagels.

The bagels are great and the expanded seating area make it's easy to take my young children. There's a full breakfast menu so I can add pancakes to my egg, sausage, and cheese poppy seed bagel. It's easy to become a regular and the staff even remembers my kids orders.

But why do you go there? The bagels!

Reviewed 11 November 2008