“Delicious hot pot”

Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 25 June 2018

We went to Little Q for a casual family Chinese hot pot dinner. Delicious broth, large portions. Not a fancy restaurant, but if you are in the mood for hot pot this is a great place to have it.

Reviewed 7 June 2018

We are so very happy we discovered this authentic restaurant and will come back often ! Great food at a wonderful price. Upbeat atmosphere for "Mongolian Hot Pot" The spicy broth is not for the faint of heart. Better off to stcik with the chicken broth prepared from 'black boned chicken'. Yummy and inexpensive experience. A must go !!!!!

Reviewed 21 April 2018

Bland and overpriced. My wife and I had the szechuan mala hot pot. Until trying Little Q hot pot, we didn't know that a szechuan mala hot pot could taste so bland. It wasn't spicy or numbing at all. It had zero flavor. It was like having a hot pot with pure chicken broth. There were some herbs and chiles floating around but they didn't add anything.

I've had hot pot all over asia (china, taiwan, thailand, japan..). This is the first time I've ever had a bad hot pot. So it's not like it's easy to have a bad hot pot. Little Q managed to do it. We usually go to a place in chinatown that begins with a J. That place is half the price and quadruple the flavor. We paid $46 including tip for two people just for food, no drinks. Very overpriced for hot pot which takes very little effort to prepare (as the food is cooked by the customer). Very disappointed with this restaurant.

Also, I just remembered. They don't provide mini tongs for the meat. We had to ask for some extra chopsticks to handle the raw meat. Like they expected us to use the same chopsticks we're eating with (or our bare hands) to handle raw meat.

Reviewed 3 April 2018

We went to this place on recommendation from some friends. One of our party was a vegetarian and we were told there is some choice for them too, which sealed the deal.

It was a cold day and we went there for a lunch, snow still on the ground outside, piled and piling up. The place is small and the glass looked a bit steamy (we had no idea why until we walked in).

Little hotpots in the middle of every table make for an interesting design and very communal and friendly feel, though very hygienic I assure you. The boiling broth can be to your choice and we took the spicy one, but asked it to be made medium hot and that sufficed for our usually adaptable tongues. Lot of vegetables etc and we thoroughly enjoyed putting them in and cooking them and eating them. The starters were also good but all in all was too filling so next time we would just go for the Scallion pancakes which were excellent. I would definitely visit again.

Service was friendly enough. The check was reasonable.

1  Thank globetrottheworld
Reviewed 19 January 2017

Perfect lunch spot on a cold day! My favorite go to place to take the chill off. This quaint little restaurant has it down when it comes to soup. ALL the broths are homemade and super flavorful. You can even choose to have 2 types of broth with a divider in one pot. All the vegetables, seafood, meats etc to add to the pot are very fresh. They also bring nice pickled sides like edamame and cabbage to the table.

I have to admit - all the times I have come here - I have yet to try any of the Szechuan dishes! They look and smell delish - but I have to have the hot pot! I also appreciate that they do not use MSG. If your not sure about how it all works, just ask. They are super friendly and keep an eye on your hot pot adjusting the temp or shutting it down.

If you need that warm chicken soup for the soul feeling - this is the place for you.

1  Thank Carolyn4evr