“Reasonable Prices, Good Food and Service”

Jimmy's Steer House
Ranked #5 of 114 Restaurants in Arlington
Cuisines: Armenian, Steakhouse
Good for: Local cuisine, Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Boston
“Reasonable Prices, Good Food and Service”
Reviewed 25 May 2014

I had a Strip Steak, baked potato and salad. The steak was perfectly cooked at medium rare. My wife's steak tips were also perfectly cooked and delicious. Our friends also enjoyed their meals. Service was very good. Atmosphere... nothing pretentious. Just a nice place. My dinner was $20. A few weeks ago I had the same size steak, and shared two sides for $69. at a fancy steak house. What was the difference? Table cloths, cloth napkins, and $49. I rest my case!

• Visited May 2014

Arlington, Massachusetts
“Pleasantly Surprised!”
Reviewed 20 May 2014

I've avoided Jimmy's because of one bad meal I had a few years ago. My wife convinced me to try it again and I'm glad she did. I got the angus meatloaf - fabulous comfort food - and my wife got the steak tip and scallop combo. Unlike a recent incident at Fresh Pond Seafood, the scallops were cooked to perfection!

The service was way, way above average.

I'll admit my mistake and we'll visit Jimmy's often!

• Visited May 2014
Boston, Massachusetts
“Spot on, every time!”
Reviewed 28 April 2014

Jimmy's is definitely a early-bird special kind of place - you'll find lots of older patrons no matter the time you go. But this place is consistently delish! Prices are reasonable, portion size is good, service is always friendly, food is always good. You'll find classic american type offerings - steak, chicken and seafood - but make sure you get the rice pilaf no matter what you order, it's the best. Decor is average and you'll often have a wait for a table as this is a popular spot, but worth the visit every time.

Visited April 2014
Arlington, Mass
“Service & Food Has Declined”
Reviewed 18 April 2014

I have gone to Jimmy's for over 30 years it is a real "Townie" restaurant . It used to be great with decent prices and generous portions . Along with wonderful attentive services . Over the last couple of years , the food & service has declined and the prices have increased . I recently went with an elderly friend for lunch , we waited a very long time for our appetizer , the server told us she forgot to put the order in . We got it with our dinner that arrived cold with re-heated baked potato (probably from the night before) I keep going back to this restaurant as it is close but the
service & food is inconsistent.

Visited March 2014
1 Thank MassZiggy
winchendon
“Good food, good prices, recommended!!!”
Reviewed 2 April 2014

We were a party of 4, dining on a Sunday afternoon. We have eaten at this location many times, never had a bad meal here. We DID have bad server once here, though. It's a nice atmosphere, something on the menu for everyone. We had prime rib, Surf + Turf, baked haddock + chicken teriyaki. All the meals were good, the service was good. I recommend trying the rice pilaf. It's mixed with spinach, and a welcome change from the baked potato. This restaraunt has several locations, they are equally good. We like Grassroots in Andover the best, it's a sister restaraunt. Same food, but smaller and more intimate. Reasonable prices and highly recommended!!!

• Visited March 2014