“Horrendous and rude” 1 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: Italian, Pizza, Fast food
Dining options: Dinner, Outdoor Seating
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Massachusetts Ave
Transit: Alwife Satation On Red Line, Then Various Busses To Alington Ctr.
Description: Our Italian restaurant brings to you the many tastes of Italy's regions. Delicious traditional recipes as well as popular specialties will awaken your taste buds. We are proud to serve the area's finest selection of gourmet cuisine. Our dishes are prepared in the traditional Italian style, with the freshest ingredients, and served with flair that will meet your expectations. We offer you our most sincere gratitude for allowing us the pleasure of serving you. Buon Appettito! Gemma Ristorante The Velagoshti family and staff
Boston, Massachusetts
“Horrendous and rude”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2012

I went here with my daughter since I had a $20 gift card from a previous visit. The intial visit was mediocre and a bit over priced, but not horrible and I had a gift card to burn so I figured we'd give it another try. The waitress was very slow, and it appeared as though the wait staff (2 of them) were short handed. The bruschetta was very good, and then the entrees arrived. The veal scallopine was not what I expected, it was deep fried/breaded. more like what you'd get in a veal cutlet sub. On a scale of 1 to 10 I'd give it a 5. My daughter ordered salmon in parchment paper. When it arrived she took one bite and said it was chewy and tasted fishy. My family eats a lot of salmon, so we know our fish. This was clearly a bad piece of fish, cooked poorly. After about 10 minutes I was able to get our server's attention and I requested that the salmon go back to the kitchen and be exchanged for something else. My daughter requested the linguine with clams. The waitress was apologetic about the salmon, but the manager never came over to apologize or check in with us. This is something that any reputable establishment would take care of as standard customer service. Anyway, eventually the replacement dish came out. The clams were whole, in the shell, not chopped/minced as my daughter expected. Regardless, they looked discolored and spoiled, and they were smelly. My daughter removed them from the dish and had one bit of the linguine, at which point she exclaimed "this is the worst meal I have ever been served". I tried the linguine and it was awful. The clam sauce was overpowering in a bad way.
I called the waitress over and told her that the replacement dish was awful and that we would like the check. I told her that I would pay for the bruschetta, my wine, and my veal but I would not pay for my daughter's dish. I also gave her my $20 gift card. After a lengthy delay the "manager" came over. I'm not sure if he was the manager because I observed him behind the bar during one of the lengthy delays while we waited for service. Anyway he came to our table and asked how everything was going, althought it was clear that he had come over due to my conversation/complaints with the waitress. I told him that the bruschetta was good, my veal was fair and that my daughter's meal was absolutely awful, and I did so with a calm, polite matter of fact tone. He then responded with "did you just come here to get a free meal?", at which point I said "are you KIDDING ME!?", and then I told him how I had been here before, came here again because of the gift card, etc. He told us that "nobobdy has ever had any complaints about either of those dishes" and again implied that we were trying to get a free meal. I told him that I would not feed those clams to my dog. He told me "I want you to leave". I replied, "I am willing to pay for what I ate, but I'll be happy to leave if that's what you want". He said "please leave and don't come back", to which I stated, "don't worry, this place is awful". We left the premises, and we are both still furious with the way we were treated and the accusations.

• Visited June 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank Richard K

“Miserable food, actually insulting service - most horrible dining experience of all time.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2012

Not only was the food poor beyond description, the service - which started out slow (although not a busy night) became downright rude and insulting. We are veteran diners, and will never forgot how miserable the food and whole experience was. Only the bruschetta was good!

• 3 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank happiestdiners4
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Mediocre food and mediocre service. Not bad if you're in a pinch.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 January 2008

Mediocre food and mediocre service. Not bad if you're in a pinch.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook