The Maguire House B&B
Motel 6 Leominster(Leominster)
  • Pool
Great 4.5/5
Very Good 4/5
All reviewswisteria roomnew englandwonderful hostshouse is beautifulbed and breakfastroom bathfresh fruitdown comforterbreakfast was amazingoverlooking the lakelong weekendcountry roomabbymassachusettsinnkeepersaccommodationsbnb
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 17 February 2014

What a pleasant surprise to find the Bed and Breakfast I booked online to be even more charming than the photos!. The hosts were extremely friendly and helpful and the breakfast was delicious. The views are absolutely spectacular!. I will definitely want to return in the spring/summer to see the lake and gardens shed of the snow cover, although I may return for one more ski trip prior to that. Can simply not say enough about how wonderful our stay was, and I have been to many BnBs over the years - this one is truly a treat!

Room Tip: We were in the Rose Room - loved it!
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 January 2014 via mobile

The owners/hosts were extremely friendly and welcoming. The property was Gorgeous and Inviting (even in the freezing weather!). I can't wait to see it in Spring/Summer!! The breakfast was perfect. Looking forward to a return stay!

• Stayed: January 2014
Reviewed 8 January 2014

I read the reviews about the beautiful views, the welcoming hosts and delicious breakfast and snacks at Maguire House before I made reservation so my expectations were pretty high. However, our experience actually exceeded my already high expectations. We needed to stay in the area for other engagement but our three-day stay at Maguire House turned out to be a magic winter vacation.
Immediately after I made reservation, Terry reminded me that we would be arriving on New Year eve and offered to help me with the dinner plans. She made several calls and provided a list of options with detailed comments. We ended up taking her #1 recommendation and liked it so much that we had all our dinners there during our stay.
During our walk on the frozen lake in the back, we discovered the ice was nearly perfect. My husband, who often searches far and wide for opportunities to skate outdoors, could not believe his luck. Needless to say that he had an exhilarating couple of hours skating on the virgin ice while my son and I enjoyed admiring the scenery, exploring the islands dotted the lake, and picking tea berries.
Yes, the breakfast and afternoon snacks were every bit delicious as other guests had promised. Terry and Paul were very welcoming and thoughtful. My son also became fast friends with Abby, their friendly and very well trained Golden Retriever, and they spent many quite hours entertaining each other.
It was an unforgettable vacation, all the better because we did not expect it. I definitely recommend it to anyone who are looking for a couple of days of get away or just a much nicer alternative to staying in a hotel.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Xiaofei S
Reviewed 18 November 2013

My wife and I had a very enjoyable stay recently at The Maguire House to celebrate our wedding anniversary. The view from the inn is simply spectacular and the atmosphere inside is equally inviting. The inn has a warm and cozy ambiance with many goodies to help you feel at home. We've stayed at many New England B&B's over the years and we would rank this one among the finest and recommend it highly. We plan on coming back in the spring!

Steve D.

Room Tip: The Wisteria room has the best view!
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Steven D
Reviewed 16 November 2013

My partner and I are from Boston and wanted a weekend retreat to decompress from a busy month at work. The Maguires was the perfect choice. From the warm hug we received from Terry when we first arrived to the superb, full New England-style country breakfasts, this was by far my best B&B experience. I highly recommend the Wisteria Room which we stayed in-- both the room and the bathroom have a view of the lake and it felt like a warm, cozy enclave tucked away at the top of the house. I also liked the attention to detail, such as the sleep aromatherapy bath bubbles in the bathroom and the freshly baked chocolate chip cookies. It's only 75 mins drive from Boston so we are definitely planning more retreats in the future.

Another tip: it's got a great dark sky at night; we got a spectacular view of the Milky Way stretching directly overhead across the entire sky.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple